Post-Trump ballot removal, gunman attacks Colorado Supreme Court, holds guard hostage, shoots, sets fire, surrenders

Post-Trump ballot removal, gunman attacks Colorado Supreme Court, holds guard hostage, shoots, sets fire, surrenders

Gunman’s Attack on Colorado Supreme Court

In a startling incident on Tuesday morning, a gunman launched an attack on the Colorado Supreme Court, involving gunfire, arson, and holding a security guard hostage.

Local reports reveal that the assailant’s actions occurred shortly after the justices, with a narrow 4-3 majority, ruled last month to bar Donald Trump from the state’s primary ballot.

This decision was based on the constitutional ‘insurrection’ clause, citing Trump’s alleged involvement in the January 6 Capitol riot in 2021.

Unrelated Incident Raises Concerns

Despite the justices receiving threats following their controversial decision, the authorities are currently treating Tuesday’s attack as unrelated to the case.

The Colorado State Patrol and Denver Police Department are taking the incident seriously, emphasizing that it appears disconnected from prior threats against the Supreme Court justices.

Chronology of the Attack

The assailant’s actions unfolded in the early hours of the morning, starting with a reported car wreck at 13th and Lincoln Streets near the court building in Downtown Denver.

After brandishing a handgun at another driver, the gunman fled the scene, ultimately shooting through a window on the Supreme Court’s east side.

Once inside, he held an unarmed security guard at gunpoint, acquiring a key that granted him access to the entire building.

Progressing to the seventh floor, he discharged additional shots before contacting emergency services at 3 a.m.

Resolution and Damage Control

Fortunately, the assailant voluntarily surrendered to the police, leading to his subsequent hospitalization for medical evaluation.

Miraculously, there were no injuries reported among the building’s occupants or law enforcement personnel.

The Denver Fire Department swiftly intervened to control the fire ignited during the attack, although significant and extensive damage to the Supreme Court building has been confirmed by the Colorado State Patrol.

Ongoing Investigations and Conclusion

As of now, the identity of the suspect remains undisclosed.

The incident raises questions about the security of judicial institutions and the potential risks associated with contentious legal decisions.

Investigations are ongoing, and the aftermath of this attack will undoubtedly prompt a reevaluation of security measures to safeguard the integrity and safety of the Colorado Supreme Court.

Share on Facebook «||» Share on Twitter «||» Share on Reddit «||» Share on LinkedIn

Read Related News On TDPel Media

Advertisement: Download Vital Signs App (VS App)