Pickaxe-Wielding Attacker Goes on Hospital Rampage, Leaving Two Injured

Pickaxe-Wielding Attacker Goes on Hospital Rampage, Leaving Two Injured

…By Henry George for TDPel Media.

Witnesses recount a terrifying incident at Central Middlesex Hospital in north-west London, where a pickaxe-wielding attacker went on a rampage, injuring two individuals.


Gareth Browne, a steeplejack working on repairs at the hospital, witnessed the assailant chase two men who managed to escape before he turned his attention towards Browne himself.

Chaos Unleashed

The attacker shouted at Browne, demanding he get out of his way, before entering the hospital premises.

Armed police swiftly responded to the incident, which occurred just before 1:20 pm.


Two individuals were attacked, one sustaining life-threatening injuries.

The suspect himself also suffered critical wounds, believed to be self-inflicted.

Eyewitness Account of the Attack

Browne described the assailant’s erratic behavior, stating that he chased the two men with the pickaxe before encountering Browne.

Despite Browne’s attempt to help, the attacker told him to stay out of his business and then returned to the hospital, brandishing the weapon.

Another maintenance worker informed Browne that the attacker had stabbed someone, urging him to leave the area.


Lockdown and Police Response

In response to the incident, the hospital initiated a temporary lockdown, confining visitors and patients as police conducted a thorough search of the building.

Eventually, officers apprehended a man outside the hospital.

Authorities have clarified that the attack is not being treated as terror-related, and they are not seeking any additional suspects.

Investigation and Hospital Reopening

While the hospital has reopened, police will maintain a presence as investigations into the incident continue.

Patients and visitors were reassured that services would resume as normal after the incident, which caused panic and concern among those present.


The dialysis unit, in particular, saw patients placed in lockdown for approximately 45 minutes before the situation was deemed safe.

Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media

Beloud logo

Share on Facebook «||» Share on Twitter «||» Share on Reddit «||» Share on LinkedIn

Read Related News On TDPel Media

Advertisement: Download Vital Signs App (VS App)