Man Found Guilty of Murdering Friend, Freezing Body, and Burning Remains

…By Alan Peterson for TDPel Media. In the shocking trial, a man has been convicted of the murder of his friend and the subsequent disposal of her body.


Clive O’Connor, aged 58, carried out a brutal attack on Jomaa Jerarre, aged 52, using a blunt object between August 3 and 4, 2021.

Macabre Storage and Burning of Victim’s Remains

Evidence presented in court revealed that O’Connor purchased a freezer specifically for the chilling purpose of preserving Jomaa’s body at his residence in Bilston, Wolverhampton.

The remains of Jomaa, charred and unrecognizable, were discovered by the police dumped near a layby in Perton, Staffordshire, on August 9, 2021, shortly before 2:30 am.


Challenging Identification and Arrest of the Perpetrator

Due to the extent of the burns, forensic officers faced significant difficulties in identifying Jomaa’s remains.

Eventually, her identity was established through DNA analysis, which also revealed that an accelerant had been used to ignite the fire.

Detectives, tracing the last-known interactions of Jomaa, identified O’Connor as a suspect and apprehended him on August 13, 2021, on suspicion of murder.

Friendship Turned Deadly and Cover-Up Attempt

The court learned that Jomaa and O’Connor were friends, and she had been residing at his apartment before her untimely demise.

Evidence presented during the trial indicated that O’Connor stored Jomaa’s body in the freezer before ultimately setting it ablaze, presumably in an attempt to conceal the crime.


Incriminating Evidence and Witnesses

O’Connor initially claimed to have last seen Jomaa alive in mid-July.

However, CCTV footage captured him using Jomaa’s debit card for purchases at various stores until July 31.

Additionally, his green Nissan Micra car was observed near the location where Jomaa’s body was found on three occasions between midnight and 1:40 am.

Witnesses reported seeing a small car in the layby on Bridgnorth Road, with a man wearing a bright orange t-shirt nearby.

Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) recorded O’Connor’s Nissan Micra, with the driver sporting a bright orange top, just after 9 pm the previous night.


Subsequently, CCTV footage confirmed that O’Connor was indeed wearing an orange football shirt, which was later seized from his apartment.

Cause of Death and Conviction

Despite challenges posed by decomposition and fire damage, a post mortem examination revealed that Jomaa had experienced forceful neck compressions resulting in fractures.

Additionally, unexplained bruising was found on her back and upper chest.

The cause of death could not be conclusively determined, but it was established that it was not natural or related to toxicology.

O’Connor was found guilty of murder following a trial at Stoke-on-Trent Crown Court, and his sentencing is scheduled for Friday.


Justice for the Victim’s Family and Community Support

Chief Inspector Dan Ison of Staffordshire Police expressed hope that O’Connor’s conviction would bring solace to Jomaa’s grieving family and friends, acknowledging their unwavering strength throughout the investigation.

He extended gratitude to the public for their support during the harrowing investigation and emphasized that O’Connor would now face the consequences of his actions.


Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media

Share on Facebook «||» Share on Twitter «||» Share on Reddit «||» Share on LinkedIn

Advertisement: Download Vital Signs App (VS App)