As health and safety officials arrive on the scene, a male worker, 26, who had suffered “severe head injuries” in a “heavy machinery incident” at the construction site of Everton’s new stadium, passes away.

According to reports, a 26-year-old man has passed away close to the future Everton stadium.

Experts in health and safety are addressing a situation at the building site.

An incident at the construction site of Everton’s new stadium left a 26-year-old construction worker dead from “severe head injuries.”

Around 12.32 p.m. today, first responders were summoned to the scene at Bramley Moore Dock in response to a’major incident’ that allegedly involved heavy machinery.

The worker was brought to the hospital, but despite the best efforts of the doctors, he passed away.

Laing O’Rourke, a building contractor, confirmed to MailOnline that the man was working when he passed away.

As they “continue with the early stages of the investigation,” investigators from Merseyside Police and the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) are still on the scene.

The Liverpool Echo stated that workers at the Bramley Moore Dock site said they were made aware of the event and then requested to leave the area, but they were unable to provide further details.

According to local accounts, the 26-year-old had brain injuries and the incident featured large machinery.

According to the North West Ambulance Service, the call came in around 12:32 p.m.

A road ambulance was sent to the location along with an air ambulance, and it transported a patient to the hospital.

In a statement to MailOnline, Merseyside Police stated that their officers were called to the location this afternoon about 1pm.

The man was rushed to the hospital, where he was tragically declared dead, a spokeswoman added.

His heirs have been notified.

Officers are still on the scene as of this afternoon at 5 p.m. as they “continue with the early stages of the investigation.”

We can confirm that we have been made aware of an incident, and we are making inquiries, said an HSE spokeswoman.

The incident was confirmed by both Laing O’Rourke and the Everton Football Club.

A representative for Laing O’Rourke told MailOnline: “We can confirm that earlier today, while working for one of our subcontractors, a member of our team was seriously injured in an incident.”

He was carried by ambulance to the hospital, where he tragically passed away.

Our sympathies are with the man’s family, friends, and the rest of the project team as we are stunned and saddened by today’s awful occurrence.

We have stopped work till further notice because the police and the Health and Safety Executive are on the scene.

With any subsequent investigation, we will fully comply.

The announcement that a male worker has passed away following an incident at the Everton Stadium development at Bramley-Moore Dock has left everyone at Everton FC “heartbroken.”

Laing O’Rourke, the stadium’s contractor, “has immediately launched an investigation and will work with the police and the Health and Safety Executive to establish the full particulars of the incident.”


TDPel Media

This article was published on TDPel Media. Thanks for reading!

Share on Facebook «||» Share on Twitter «||» Share on Reddit «||» Share on LinkedIn

Advertisement: Download Vital Signs App (VS App)

Advertisement: App Distribution)