Transnet: Blue Train operations suspended till further notice

Transnet: Blue Train operations suspended till further notice

Transnet has suspended the operations of the luxury Blue Train from Monday until further notice.
Transnet said this was due to recent “unfortunate incidents.”
Last week, Transnet said it was investigating the cause of a fire which broke out in a coach of the Blue Train. The train was in for repairs at the company’s Engineering facility in Koedoespoort, Pretoria.
Transnet spokesperson, Ayanda Shezi said one person was apprehended by Transnet security personnel and handed over to the police.

“Two other people are still at large. The coach in question had been taken to Koedoespoort for repairs after being involved in a derailment last November.
“Transnet has almost completed the investigation into the cause of the November derailment, and as such, today’s incident will not impact the investigations.”
Transnet spokesperson, Ayanda Shezi

The suspension is until further notice.
Train stations
Meanwhile last month, Transport Minister Fikile Mbalula said work to restore some train stations in the Western Cape has cost taxpayers about R60 million so far.
Mbalula said the stations which have been vandalised during the COVID-19 lockdown are expected to be operational again in the first week of March.
The mammoth task of fixing the rail system in the Western Cape will cost the government billions of rand.
Rail infrastructure has been destroyed in what Mbalula calls wholesale theft and vandalism.
He said buildings and signal infrastructure has been left in ruin as a result of corrupt and incompetent managers.

Share on Facebook «||» Share on Twitter «||» Share on Reddit «||» Share on LinkedIn

Read Related News On TDPel Media

Advertisement
Advertisement: Download Vital Signs App (VS App)

Leave a Reply