Tragic Death of Nicola Bulley: Inquest Reveals Details of Drowning Incident

Tragic Death of Nicola Bulley: Inquest Reveals Details of Drowning Incident

…By Judah Olanisebee for TDPel Media. Inquest into Nicola Bulley’s Death Reaches Final Stage


The inquest into the tragic death of Nicola Bulley, a mother who went missing while walking her dog, is reaching its conclusion.

The court heard on Monday that the 45-year-old mother-of-two drowned after entering cold river water, and there is no evidence to suggest anyone else was involved in her death.

Expert Testimony on Rapid Incapacitation


Professor Michael Tipton, a renowned expert in drowning, provided testimony stating that there would have been a quick loss of physical abilities after Ms. Bulley entered the river on the morning of January 27.

The water temperature could have been as low as 3 degrees Celsius (37.4 degrees Fahrenheit).

According to Prof. Tipton, it is likely that she lost consciousness within seconds of entering the water.

His opinion aligns with the findings of Home Office pathologist Alison Armour, who conducted the post-mortem examination and determined that Ms. Bulley drowned.

The Disappearance and Discovery of Ms. Bulley


On January 27, Ms. Bulley vanished after dropping off her daughters at school and embarking on her usual dog walk along the river in St Michael’s, Lancashire.

Her mobile phone, which was still connected to a work Teams call, was discovered on a bench overlooking the water.

Ms. Bulley’s body was found in the river approximately one mile away from the bench on February 19.

Insight from Police Diver and Phone Analysis

Pc Matthew Thackray, a police underwater diver, provided insights into the conditions of the area where Ms. Bulley is believed to have entered the water.


He explained that the slope was steep, making it challenging to swim properly if she had fallen in.

The water temperature at the time was approximately 4 degrees Celsius (39.2 degrees Fahrenheit), close to freezing point.

Police analysis of Ms. Bulley’s iPhone and Fitbit watch revealed that the last human-generated interaction on her phone occurred at 9:18 a.m., and the watch stopped recording steps beyond 9:30 a.m.

Her disappearance was immediately treated as a high-risk missing person case.

Partner’s Testimony


Paul Ansell, Ms. Bulley’s partner, is scheduled to provide his testimony on Tuesday at Preston’s County Hall, shedding further light on the events surrounding her tragic death.


Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media

TDPel Media

This article was published on TDPel Media. Thanks for reading!

Share on Facebook «||» Share on Twitter «||» Share on Reddit «||» Share on LinkedIn

Advertisement: Download Vital Signs App (VS App)