The scholarships below are for students wearing glasses or have eyesight problems.
Fred Scheigert Scholarship Program
Every year the Fred Scheigert scholarship program supports 3 students financially with $3000, this is an opportunity for those with low vision or eyesight problems.
- An acceptance letter from your institution or the date you will be norified of your admission into the school.
- You must be a full-time college/trade student
- You are expected to have a minimum GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale
- You must have low vision with 20/70 in the better eye with best possible correction
- An optometrist or ophthamologist must complete and submit the online CCLVI Eye Report Form indicating that the chosen scholarship recipients meet low vision criteria
- You must submit 2 recommendation letters from a professor, internship coordinator or adviser
- A copy of your school transcript is also required
To apply, use the link below and fill out the scholarship application form. The deadline for this scholarship is March 29, 2022.
Eligible candidates will be chosen to participate in a phone interview with committee members which will determine their chances of winning the award.
The winners must submit certified transcripts of their school, proof of full-time enrollment, and a financial bill from their school.
The Council of Citizens with Low Vision Scholarships
Also known as CCLVI, the Council of Citizens with Low Vision is an international non-profit organization that is affiliated with the American Council of the Blind.
They help people with low vision by educating them, establishing outreach programs, investing in research to prevent blindness, etc.
They also have scholarship programs for students with glasses and awards they give to eligible applicants. Since 1979, this organization has been a blessing to people with low vision.
You can also become a member of the CCLVI and enjoy benefits like attending meetings, receiving their newsletter & the ACB Braille Forum, voting at their Annual Membership Meeting, etc.
Dr. Samuel Genensky Memorial Magnification Award Program
Magnifying devices are good for people with low vision as they help them do activities they couldn’t enjoy by enlarging the size of texts and objects.
These things cost about 15-30 bucks on Amazon, but what if you could get them without paying a dime? Here’s where the Magnification Award program sponsored by CCLVI comes in.
The program awards 3-5 students with low vision magnifying devices every year, last year they gave the awardees Apple iPad Air 2 Tablet which costs about $200 on Amazon. We don’t know what to expect in 2022, maybe it’s a bigger and more expensive prize.
For applications, use the link below to complete your online application. The closing date for the form is May 15, 2022. Eligible applicants will participate in an interview with the Genensky Award Program Committee.
Visine Students with Vision Scholarship
Sponsored by Johnson and Johnson, the Visine Students scholarship is available to students who just finished high school or are in their first year in college.
10 lucky students will get $5,000 each after winning the Visine scholarship award which they can use to fund their education.
- You must be a citizen or legal resident of the United States
- You must be able to demonstrate financial need
- A minimum GPA of 2.8 is required
- You are expected to submit a well-written essay or video presentation.
- This scholarship is majorly for enrolled college students and graduating high school seniors
- You should be able to demonstrate a unique and clear vision, determination and strong ambition to bring your dream to reality
For more information, visit the Visine website. Applicants who are eligible for the scholarship will be judged based on their academics, community service, personal stories and extracurricular activities.
Replace My Contacts Scholarship
This scholarship is one of the best scholarships for people with glasses or contact len in the US.
The scholarship is worth a thousand dollars and the application process is very simple.
The Replace My Contacts academic scholarship is for full-time college freshmen, juniors, sophomores or even high school seniors in the United States.
To apply, you are going to fill a quick survey and write a 400 – 600 words essay on any of the following topics which will be sent to the scholarship board.
- Why is Eye Contact so Important when Interacting with Others?
- In What Ways Do Contact Lenses Improve Overall Quality of Life?
- Imagine You Had the Ability to See for the First Time. Describe Your First Day with Sight.
Don’t forget to include the name of the institution you are attending, your first and last name on the essay.
Cappex Easy College Money Scholarship
Last but not least on our list of scholarships for people with glasses is the Cappex Monthly scholarship.
If you are a type of person that applies for a lot of scholarship programs, you may have seen or visited this website. I am sure you don’t know they have a scholarship program.
The Cappex scholarship program is offered to students who are planning to enroll in school or are enrolled in school.
This scholarship is worth $1,000 and is given every single month of the year (the deadline is the last day of the month).
The only thing I don’t like about this scholarship is that students are selected randomly and things like GPA, SAT or ACT scores don’t count.
To apply, you only need to create a Cappex account, verify your email address and opt-in for the monthly scholarship.
These scholarships are for people with glasses, not blind people. Don’t mistake the two.