Nigerian Army Operatives Assault LASTMA Officer in Lagos: Social Media Video Surfaces

Nigerian Army Operatives Assault LASTMA Officer in Lagos: Social Media Video Surfaces

A video capturing a disturbing incident involving Nigerian army operatives assaulting an officer from the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA) has recently emerged on social media platforms.


The incident took place on August 14th, 2023, in the Ojota area of Lagos state.

In the video that has been trending online, a group of soldiers can be seen physically attacking an unidentified LASTMA official.

The official is shown being mercilessly beaten as he pleads in tears to be released from the assault.

This incident comes just a week after another distressing event, where a LASTMA official was caught on camera assaulting a soldier within a commercial vehicle, commonly known as a ‘Danfo,’ in the Ketu area of the state.


In response to the attack on their fellow soldier, a group of uniformed individuals retaliated by descending on the Ojota area.

They brutally beat the LASTMA officer who was on duty in that vicinity.

Witnesses to the scene were observed fleeing for safety as the military personnel continued their assault on the LASTMA official.

The victim could be seen desperately seeking assistance during the harrowing incident.

Arson Attack on Imo Monarch’s Palace by Gunmen

In a separate incident, the palace of Eze Kanu Ikenolu, a traditional ruler from the Ndia Iche Arondizuogu community in the Ideato North Local Government Area of Imo State, fell victim to an act of arson carried out by unidentified gunmen.


According to reports, the assailants targeted the traditional ruler’s palace, employing explosive devices that they hurled into the compound.

The explosives ignited a fire that rapidly engulfed the building, causing extensive damage to properties and vehicles within the compound.

Community sources revealed that the destructive blaze resulted in the loss of millions worth of property.

The community members expressed frustration, placing blame on the local police for their perceived lack of timely response to distress calls made during the incident.

Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media