Five Men Sentenced for Fatal Stabbing During East London Robbery

Five Men Sentenced for Fatal Stabbing During East London Robbery

The Tragic Stabbing During a Robbery

In a harrowing incident in east London, Dwaine Morrison, 34, was sentenced to 33 years in prison for the murder of 30-year-old Imran Isat.

Four other men, Salah’din Kerbouba, 28, Ronnie Haydon, 32, Paul Higgins, 36, and Dominic Diop, 33, were each handed a minimum sentence of 16 years in connection with the incident.

The Violent Break-In

The court heard that the tragic event unfolded as Imran Isat was watching television with friends in his home on Springfield Drive in Ilford on March 19, 2022. Around 1.15 am, the five men forcibly entered the residence, charging upstairs to the living room.

Imran Isat attempted to keep the door closed, but one of the robbers stabbed him through the gap.

The Demand and Violence

The armed robbers, brandishing knives and machetes, demanded, “Where’s the stuff?” Despite Mr. Isat’s plea not to be harmed and to take what they wanted, one of the attackers fatally stabbed him.

Another assailant struck one of his friends on the head with a knife.

The Robbers’ Escape

Following the violent confrontation, one of the robbers exclaimed, “We’ve found it,” and they hastily left the scene.

CCTV footage captured two of the men leaving with bags and suitcases, but the contents of these items remained undisclosed as they were never recovered by the police.

The Tragic Outcome

Despite the efforts of paramedics, Imran Isat was pronounced dead at the scene.

A post-mortem examination revealed that he had suffered five stab wounds, with one piercing his chest and heart.

A Planned Robbery

Detectives from the Met’s Specialist Crime (homicide) launched a murder investigation, uncovering evidence that the robbery had been premeditated.

Surveillance footage and doorbell cameras showed members of the gang surveilling the house before the attack.

Motives and Armed Preparations

It is believed that the gang targeted the residence in search of drugs, money, or both, arming themselves with knives and machetes for the criminal act.

The gang arrived in two cars, both equipped with false plates.

Arrests and Trial

Extensive CCTV analysis and phone records tracing the gang’s movements led to the arrest of all five men in July 2022. However, they refused to answer police questions.

While three of them pleaded guilty to robbery but not murder, one admitted being present at the scene but denied robbery, and another denied any involvement.

Ultimately, all five were found guilty of their roles in the attack.

Detective Chief Inspector’s Statement

Detective Chief Inspector Joanna Yorke, from the Met’s Specialist Crime, condemned the planned robbery, highlighting the gang’s readiness to use violence, resulting in a senseless murder.

Despite their efforts to evade detection, the police inquiry successfully identified and apprehended those responsible, holding them accountable for their violent actions.

TDPel Media

This article was published on TDPel Media. Thanks for reading!

Share on Facebook «||» Share on Twitter «||» Share on Reddit «||» Share on LinkedIn

Advertisement: Download Vital Signs App (VS App)