Nigerian Footballers in Europe: Some Shine, Others Struggle
Last weekend, some Nigerian footballers in Europe had a better time than others. Victor Boniface and Victor Osimhen, two of the most prolific Nigerian goalscorers in Europe, were both unable to find the net for their respective teams.
However, there were a number of other Nigerians who did manage to score, including Akor Adams, George Ilenikhena, Anosike Ementa, Peter Olayinka, and Olanrewaju Kayode.
Despite Osimhen and Boniface’s Silence, Nigerian Footballers Still Scored in Europe Last Weekend
Victor Osimhen was unavailable for Napoli last weekend due to a fitness issue, while Victor Boniface started for Bayer Leverkusen but failed to score.
However, a number of other Nigerian footballers still managed to find the net, including:
- Akor Adams, who scored two goals for Montpellier in their 3-0 win over Toulouse.
- George Ilenikhena, a 17-year-old Nigerian forward who scored a goal for Royal Antwerp in their 2-1 defeat to Brugge.
- Anosike Ementa, a lesser-known Nigerian player who scored the equalizer for Viborg in their Danish Superliga game against Vejle Boldklub.
- Peter Olayinka, who sealed a 2-1 win for Red Star Belgrade in the Serbian league against IMT Novi Beograd.
- Olanrewaju Kayode, who scored the first goal for Gençlerbirliği in their 2-2 draw against Kocaelispor in the Turkish Süper Lig.
Despite some of the biggest names in Nigerian football failing to score last weekend, there were still a number of Nigerian footballers who made their mark in Europe. Akor Adams, George Ilenikhena, Anosike Ementa, Peter Olayinka, and Olanrewaju Kayode all scored goals for their respective teams, helping to keep the Nigerian flag flying high.Share on Facebook «||» Share on Twitter «||» Share on Reddit «||» Share on LinkedIn