Court hearing: Sara Sharif’s body discovered under the blanket on bunk bed.

Tragic Discovery of Sara Sharif’s Body

Sara Sharif’s lifeless body was discovered under distressing circumstances, with her head raised and her hands placed in front of her, as detailed in court.

Accusations of Murder and Negligence

Sara’s father, Urfan Sharif, stepmother Beinash Batool, and uncle Faisal Malik are facing charges of murdering the 10-year-old.

They are also accused of causing or allowing her death. The tragic incident occurred at a property in Woking, Surrey, on August 10.

Fleeing the UK and Subsequent Arrest

In a perplexing turn of events, the accused trio left the United Kingdom for Pakistan, accompanied by five children, on the day before Sara’s body was discovered. They returned to the UK shortly after, and upon landing at Gatwick Airport, they were promptly arrested and charged with her murder.

Court Appearance and Remand

The defendants appeared before Guildford Magistrates Court for a brief 20-minute hearing, during which they were remanded into custody.

In court, they confirmed their identities and addresses but did not enter any pleas to the charges. The prosecution outlined the case against them.

Chilling Details Uncovered

Police became aware of the situation when they received an eight-minute and 34-second call from Pakistan at 2:47 am on August 10. Upon reaching the property, officers discovered Sara beneath a blanket. Disturbingly, she was fully clothed, lying in the middle of a bunk bed with her head raised and hands on her chest.

Ambulance crews arrived but tragically pronounced her dead just after 4 am.

Identification and Post-Mortem Examination

Sara’s identity was established through DNA testing involving her mother, Olga Sharif, who resides in Somerset, and another relative. A post-mortem examination revealed that the young girl had sustained “multiple and extensive injuries” over a prolonged period.

While the exact cause of death remains undetermined, the injuries indicated she had endured “multiple events of violence.” Her death was attributed to third-party involvement.

Legal Proceedings and Denial of Charges

The defendants’ legal representatives indicated that they deny the charges. No request for bail was made during the court hearing. There is no update on the condition or circumstances of the five children who remained in Pakistan.

Next Court Appearance

Deputy Chief Magistrate Tan Ikram remanded the defendants into custody, and they are scheduled to appear at the Old Bailey on Tuesday for further proceedings.

Share on Facebook «||» Share on Twitter «||» Share on Reddit «||» Share on LinkedIn

Advertisement: Download Vital Signs App (VS App)