Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI) is an international development organization that has worked on the frontlines of international development for the past 45 years, addressing fundamental social and economic development issues caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI’s clientele include international development organizations, international financial institutions, private enterprises and philanthropies, and national governments, and it currently works in over 80 countries.
DAI is recruiting to fill the position of:
1.) Collaboration Specialist
Locations: Abuja and Lagos
Deadline: Not Specified.
Click Here To View Details
2.) Conflict Specialist
Location: Akwa Ibom
Deadline: 27th October, 2021.
- The Conflict Specialist will contribute significantly to State2State conflict analysis guided by USAID’s Conflict Assessment Framework (CAF) and DAI’s experience achieving governance and service delivery results in conflict environments.
- The Conflict Specialist will support the training of trainers to state-level staff and partners on data collection and analysis, including identifying specific actionable recommendations for state and LGA programming; opportunities to leverage other USAID- and donor-supported activities; state and LGA rapid-response activities for building social cohesion; and sentinel indicators to monitor and forecast changes in conflict dynamics.
- The Conflict Specialist will work with the project team to design and lead conflict mitigation training at the state level, including specific activities to build capacity to mitigate conflict related to state resource allocation, state service delivery in key sectors, with institutions involved in conflict mitigation, and with local leaders.
- The Conflict Specialist will support state-level staff to design rapid-response activities to understand and respond to conflict flare-ups and.
- The Conflict Specialist oversees and ensures the quality all the day-to-day state conflict activities and ensures deeper citizen/government awareness/involvement in addressing conflict.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field such as Finance, Business, Accounting, Social Sciences, Law, Development Studies, etc. required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 9 years relevant work experience with at least 5 years of demonstrated expertise in conflict mitigation, peace-building, community cohesion capacity building in Nigeria.
- Experience in the successful implementation of international development activities, with preference given to democracy and governance and/or conflict mitigation activities.
- Experience working in the democracy and governance sector in Nigeria. Experience in the state highly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Fluency in local languages of the state preferred.
3.) Finance & Administrative Specialist
Deadline: 27th October, 2021.
- The Finance & Administrative Officer/Specialist will prepare relevant reports; ensures that all states transactions follow DAI/USAID standards, regulations and policies;
- Manage the states administration processes; collates financial and technical reports; ensures timely and accurate financial reporting, aligned with technical outcomes.
- S/he will be responsible for providing the Senior Accounting Manager and the Accountant with the appropriate financial and operating information as necessary; allocate project funds among the states various program activities; work closely with other departments in the state on problems involving accounting systems and financial planning.
- The incumbent will help establish and maintain adequate system controls to protect against financial misstatement, in accordance with applicable government accounting and administrative regulations;
- The incumbent will support the Federal level in coordinating the state annual and other financial audits-including preparation of supporting schedules and information-respond to auditor questions and consolidate report formats;
- Manage all banking activities including withdrawals, deposits, and preparation of all bank payments and checks.
- S/he will record all financial transactions in Field Accounting System (FAS) on daily bases; ensures accurate and timely processing of invoices, advances and reimbursements, checks, and wire transfer payments; upload the expenses into Oracle based on DAI’s schedule;
- Performs monthly bank reconciliations and routinely monitors bank account balances.
This role will work with the Accountant to approve and distribute travel advance amounts based on S2S’s travel advance policy; audits travel requests and expense reports for accuracy and compliance;
- Follows procedures to ensure accurate and timely payment and reconciliation of travel advances, reimbursements for staff and partner travel;
- Reviews and monitors outstanding advances report by paying close attention to advances that have not been settled after 30 days of issuance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, or another relevant field is required.
- An advanced degree is preferred.
- At least 8 years of experience in finance and accounting.
- Previous experience working on US Government funded projects highly preferred.
- Strong training, communications, and personnel management skills.
- Previous supervisory experience is highly preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
4.) Grants Specialist
Locations: Adamawa, Akwa-Ibom, Bauchi, Ebonyi, Gombe and Sokoto
Deadline: 27th October, 2021.
The Grants Specialist will:
- Oversee grant implementation and work with grantees to ensure that activities are implemented in accordance with activity design.
- Facilitate grantee and program team to resolve issues that arise during grant implementation.
- Generate and review all aspects of grant agreements with grantees and ensure all activities are implemented in line with the activity design.
- Ensure that all grant activities are properly documented from the start of implementation to grant close-down.
- Provide procedures and policy guidance and interpretation for program staff as well as sub-grantees to ensure adherence to grant management policies.
- Analyze and evaluate grant applications, proposals and awards to ensure adherence to grants management policies.
- Ensure proper negotiation of the terms and conditions for sub-grants.
- Review and analyze budget estimates for allowability, allocability, reasonableness, and consistency.
- Prepare grant agreements and assist with supervision/implementation of grant, including closure and disposition plans.
- Monitor grantees and subcontracting organizations to confirm that funds allocated are used for specified purposes.
- Monitor the procurement process under the grant to ensure competitiveness and compliance.
- Prepare regular reports on grants to Chief of Party.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, or other relevant field.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Working knowledge of US Government operations, policies, and procedures, and FAR regulations preferred.
- At least 8 years of experience of relevant professional experience. At least 4 years in grants design and administration (experience with grants award and grants management as well as prior experience in the award and administration of subcontracts), preferably in the good governance sector.
- Working knowledge of USAID Contract Management and Grants Management policies and procedures required.
- Experience implementing grant policies and procedures required.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage with a wide range of organizations, beneficiaries, and related parties.
- Ability to work under own initiative or as a part of a team
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Fluency in one or more of the local languages spoken in the state of interest is preferred.
How to Apply
- Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: NigeriaGovernance@dai.com using the Job Title and preferred location e.g “Conflict Specialist, Akwa Ibom” as the subject of the mail.
- Women and persons with disabilities who meet the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
- DAI will only contact shortlisted candidates.