Fondue Machine Explosion During Romantic Date Leaves Woman with Severe Burns and Scarring

Fondue Machine Explosion During Romantic Date Leaves Woman with Severe Burns and Scarring

…By Lola Smith for TDPel Media.

A woman from Brazil suffered severe third-degree burns and scarring across her face, arms, and neck after a fondue machine exploded during a romantic date.

DJ Juliana Maddeira, 28, was at home trying out a new fondue kit when the device caught fire.

Her boyfriend had been spraying too much alcohol over the flames, setting light to her flammable silk pajamas.

He was trying to increase the flame for their dinner.

As he continued to spray gel alcohol onto the fire, the explosion happened, leaving Maddeira engulfed in flames.

In shock, Maddeira ran to the shower to douse herself in cold water.

DJ Juliana Maddeira had third-degree burns over her body, hospitalising her for 40 days with 21 recovery surgeries
DJ Juliana Maddeira had third-degree burns over her body, hospitalising her for 40 days with 21 recovery surgeries

Skin began falling off as she immersed herself.

Advertisement

Her boyfriend rushed her to the hospital, where she was admitted to the intensive care unit.

Maddeira underwent 21 surgeries, had 150 stitches, and was hospitalized for 40 days, including 20 days in the ICU.

During that time, she developed an infection and nearly lost the sight in her right eye.

Maddeira still suffers from low self-esteem due to the scarring and experiences panic attacks, memory loss, and hearing loss.

Maddeira said she begged for her life after the romantic fondue-themed dinner with her boyfriend went wrong
Maddeira said she begged for her life after the romantic fondue-themed dinner with her boyfriend went wrong

She urges people to be careful when using any cooking equipment and to be aware of the dangers of alcohol sprays.

Maddeira said, “I want to raise awareness that any kitchen equipment, no matter how small, can be dangerous, and we have to be aware of that.

We must avoid using alcohol to ignite anything, and we should keep alcohol away from our kitchens.”

Commentary:

Advertisement

This is a tragic incident that highlights the importance of safety precautions in the kitchen.

Maddeira’s experience is a reminder of the potential dangers of using any kitchen equipment and the importance of being vigilant when cooking.

The flames left large portions of Maddeira's body burnt, requiring her to have multiple surgeries
The flames left large portions of Maddeira’s body burnt, requiring her to have multiple surgeries

The use of alcohol sprays to ignite anything should be avoided, and alcohol should be kept away from the kitchen.

Maddeira’s ordeal also emphasizes the need for people to understand the dangers of using unfamiliar kitchen equipment and to always follow instructions carefully.

The long-term impact of the incident on Maddeira’s physical and mental health is significant, and her experience is a stark warning to others.

Advertisement

Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media

About the Author:

Lola Smith is a highly experienced writer and journalist with over 25 years of experience in the field. Her special interest lies in journalistic writeups, where she can utilize her skills and knowledge to bring important stories to the public eye. Lola’s dedication to her craft is unparalleled, and she writes with passion and precision, ensuring that her articles are informative, engaging, and thought-provoking. She lives in New York, USA.

Share This Information

Leave a Reply