‘D-list’ According to Tina Brown, a former editor of Vanity Fair, Meghan and Harry are not wealthy by Hollywood standards since their Montecito house is a “humble cottage” in comparison to that of their famous friends.
As she joked that “Elon Musk is still single” if the duchess wants to trade up to the £193 billion tycoon, the royal biographer, who was responding to reports the Sussexes have gone house-hunting, said the couple “didn’t have enough money” when compared to the super-rich A-listers who have made California their home.
The Sussexes’ nine-bedroom, 16-bathroom estate is clearly modest in compared to other celebrities located in California, even if it may not exactly qualify as a “humble cottage.”
The villa of their neighbor Oprah Winfrey in Promised Land is valued at an astounding $100 million (£90.4 million), while Jaz Z and Beyoncé’s home in Bel Air on the west side of Los Angeles is valued at $88 million (79.5m).
Adam Levine of Maroon 5 has a property worth $52 million (£47 million), Kylie Jenner has a home worth $36.5 million (£33 million), and Ellen DeGeneres has a home worth $21 million (£19 million).
The Sussexes were entertained by actor Tyler Perry at his $18 million (£16.3 million) house when they first immigrated to the US.
Local news sources claim that Meghan has been looking at “private estates” in Hope Ranch, a posh neighborhood near their present residence.
Brown said: “It’s not very nice to be a D-list star who, for them, doesn’t have enough money” during his speech at the Henley Literary Festival. Being among those really wealthy folks is a whole other game.
Their $14 million house in Montecito, where they reside, is a little cottage in comparison to what these other folks have.
Yes, and at some point it could be more than a new property she’s searching for, the royal biographer, who is the author of The Diana Chronicles and The Palace Papers, said, before concluding, “Elon Musk is still unmarried, that’s all I have to say.”
The Duke’s planned tell-all biography may never be published, according to Brown’s statement at Henley, which was also covered by The Telegraph.
They’ve taken all this money and signed Harry to a book contract where he’s meant to break the beans about his miserable existence as a royal, but now he’s truly tormented about it because he knows there’s no turning back once he does it, she added.
“I don’t believe there is any possibility for Harry to come back if the book goes on,” I said. Therefore, I’ve always believed that the book won’t be published.
Brown recommended that King Charles personally reimburse the advance that has already been given for his son.
The biography had been approved and was scheduled for publishing in the fall, but the Duke—who is penning the book as part of a nearly £40 million three-title deal—is said to have requested some substantial changes.
According to a source, “Harry has put a spanner in the works.” In light of the Queen’s passing, her burial, and the accession of his father Charles to the throne, he is eager for improvements.
Things in the book would not appear so nice if they are published so soon after these occurrences, according to the author. He demands that some passages be modified immediately. By no means is it a whole new work. He is compelled to change by all means. It could, however, be too late.
According to best-selling novelist Jeffrey Archer, the prince is already penning a new chapter that will focus entirely on his grandmother’s passing and the circumstances surrounding her burial.
The initial copy was judged “too touchy-feely” and put an undue emphasis on mental health concerns, according to publishers Penguin Random House, who had previously sought a revision, The Mail on Sunday reported last month.
Although there is no official release date set, American sources claim that publishers want it in stores by November 24, the day before Thanksgiving, to be ready for the lucrative Christmas market.
Penguin Random House hailed it as “an intimate and sincere memoir,” saying that “Prince Harry will give an honest and fascinating personal picture” in a statement announcing the worldwide publication agreement.
In order to prevent Harry from releasing the book completely, palace aides allegedly discussed strategies because they fear that it would include harmful disclosures.
The question being asked within the Palace is, “Can the book be stopped?,” according to a friend of the King. Even Harry may not be able to stop it at this point, but the top management believes that complaining in public won’t accomplish anything positive.
When the book is published, lawyers for the Royal Family at the company Harbottle and Lewis are anticipated to be available to read it.
Additionally, their much anticipated Netflix series may put another wrench in the plans, despite reports that Harry and Meghan are planned a year-long thawing in their relationships with the rest of the family.
As part of their $100 million contract with the streaming service, The Sussexes are now working on a documentary that was supposed to broadcast in December, according to Page Six.
According to reports, the pair now wants to modify the show in order to “downplay much of what they have said about King Charles III, Queen Consort Camilla, and the Prince and Princess of Wales,” which might push out the series’ broadcast date until later in 2023.
The pair is reportedly ‘having second thoughts’ about the project today, according to sources. One Netflix source told the publication: ‘Harry and Meghan are terrified about attempting to tone down even the most basic words. However, it is their account, as told by themselves.
‘They’ve made big demands to pull back material they themselves have contributed, to the degree that some Netflix personnel feel, if granted, it would essentially postpone the project permanently,’ another person added.
Tina Brown spoke about rumors that the duchess is looking for a “private estate” in Hope Ranch, an upscale neighborhood a few miles from their present residence in California, in addition to cautioning Harry about the dangers of writing his much anticipated memoirs.
Speaking at the Henley Literary Festival, Miss Brown observed that in comparison to what these other people had, their $14 million house in Montecito is a little cottage.
She said that at some time, she could be searching for more than just a new home. The only thing I can say is that Elon Musk is still unmarried.