Brymo’s Blunt Critique
Nigerian singer Brymo has ignited a firestorm of controversy with his candid and scathing criticism of fellow artist Burna Boy.
During an exclusive interview with a correspondent from TVC News, Brymo didn’t mince words as he expressed his views on Burna Boy’s music and persona.
The controversial remarks were made in response to a question about the reported tension between Burna Boy and fellow musician Rema.
Brymo didn’t hold back, stating, “I saw a video where he said he was the ‘Jesus’ (inaudible statement) and he put Davido and Wizkid on some other mountain like that.”
Strong Words from Brymo
Brymo’s assessment of Burna Boy was unequivocal. He described the artist as “sleazy, cheap, a thief, very unoriginal, and very fake.”
These strong words left no room for ambiguity, making it clear that Brymo had serious reservations about Burna Boy’s music and public persona.
Reactions to Brymo’s Comments
As news of Brymo’s critique spread, fans and music enthusiasts took to social media to share their reactions.
The comments section of the post featuring the interview was flooded with diverse opinions on Brymo’s remarks.
The reactions to Brymo’s comments were mixed, with some individuals agreeing with his assessment and others vehemently opposing it.
Here are some of the notable reactions:
- @IbrazcalypseNow expressed disappointment in Brymo’s comments and criticized him for seeking attention.
- @MikeBlaise8 suggested that Brymo’s music was no longer enough to keep him relevant and accused him of trying too hard.
- @King_MayorBlack implied that Brymo was behaving erratically and urged people to pay attention to him.
- @EvanzzSzn highlighted the potential backlash Brymo might face for mentioning the names of other popular artists.
- @JerrycharlesC referenced a previous controversial statement made by Brymo and its impact on his reputation.
- @Abbye_edi__ criticized Brymo for what they perceived as tribalism and disdain for sampling in music.
- @NaijaMoonX drew comparisons with international artists who sample various genres and questioned the issues raised by Brymo.
Brymo’s Remarks Stir the Music Community
Brymo’s outspoken critique of Burna Boy has stirred up debate within the music community, sparking discussions about originality, sampling, and the boundaries of artistic expression.
While some applaud Brymo’s candor, others view his comments as divisive and controversial.
The controversy highlights the passionate and sometimes polarizing nature of discussions surrounding Nigerian music and its artists.