After being accused of flashing, Sarah Everard’s murderer Wayne Couzens will return to the Old Bailey to enter a plea.
The 49-year-old is charged with two charges of indecent exposure that occurred before the kidnapping, raping, and killing of Ms. Everard.
He reportedly drove around Dover in Kent in his underwear in June 2015.
Additionally, he is charged with exposing himself to a female rider in November 2020.
He is scheduled to appear before Mrs. Justice May in court today.
The former armed officer with the Parliamentary and Diplomatic Protection Command of the Met has entered a not-guilty plea to four charges of indecent exposure in a separate case.
These accusations are related to other alleged occurrences that allegedly occurred in Swanley, Kent, last year on January 30 and February 6, as well as on February 14 and February 27.
In March of last year, Couzens, then a serving member of the Metropolitan Police, kidnapped Ms. Everard, a 33-year-old marketing professional, as she was making her way home in south London.
At HMP Frankland in Durham, Couzens, who is from Deal in Kent, is presently serving a life term for her murder.
He tried to appeal this verdict earlier this year, but he lost.
Although Couzens’ attorneys said he deserved “decades in prison,” they claimed a life sentence was excessive.
However, according to a summary given out in court by Lord Burnett, the Couzens case’s circumstances allowed the sentencing judge to issue a full life term.
While stating that a minimum term of 30 years would be the starting point for Couzens’ sentence, Lord Burnett added, “Having regard to its aggravating features we are in no doubt that its seriousness is so exceptionally high such that a whole life order rather than a minimum term order should be made.”
Ms. Everard was slain when Couzens took her off a street in south London’s Clapham and put her in a rental vehicle.
He even used his actual police handcuffs and a phony warrant card to detain her under the pretense that she had broken lockdown regulations and was being arrested.
The death has prompted widespread indignation in the UK and a number of discoveries regarding persistent problems in the Metropolitan Police and other UK forces.
Following the release of conversations from a WhatsApp group that included Couzens, many cops were also charged criminally.
Since then, Couzens has been accused with six different flashing offenses.
‘The CPS has authorized two more counts of exposure against Wayne Couzens, after a referral of evidence by the Metropolitan Police,’ said Rosemary Ainslie, director of the Crown Prosecution Service’s Special Crime Division, at the time the CPS charged him with the most recent two offenses.
The two alleged crimes are from June 2015 and November 2020, respectively. On September 2, 2022, Wayne Couzens will make a court appearance at Westminster Magistrates’ Court.
The CPS’s role is to fairly, independently, and objectively determine whether it is appropriate to bring charges to a court for consideration, not to determine whether a person has committed a crime.
The Crown Prosecution Service reminds everyone that Wayne Couzens is the subject of ongoing criminal proceedings and has the right to a fair trial.
After disputing the accusations before the Old Bailey in May, Couzens chose to have a jury trial on the preceding four offenses.