Tragic Death of Ten-Year-Old Boy After Electric Shock at Blackpool Hotel

Tragic Death of Ten-Year-Old Boy After Electric Shock at Blackpool Hotel

The first image of a ten-year-old boy, Jack Piper-Sheach, has emerged following his tragic death due to an electric shock at a hotel in Blackpool during a family holiday.

The young boy, hailing from Grimsby, suffered injuries at Tiffany’s Hotel, a well-known establishment on Blackpool’s famous promenade.

Despite the best efforts of medical professionals, Jack passed away in hospital with his family by his side.

A family source expressed the profound sadness surrounding Jack’s untimely death and the devastating impact it has had on everyone involved, but they were unable to discuss the incident further due to an ongoing investigation.

The Incident and Police Response

On September 3, at 10:39 pm, police received a distressing call from Tiffany’s Hotel, often referred to as the ‘pink hotel,’ reporting an unresponsive boy.

Jack was subsequently rushed to Alder Hey Children’s Hospital in Liverpool.

Medical assessments indicated injuries consistent with high-voltage electrical contact.

Tragically, despite the medical team’s relentless efforts, Jack’s life could not be saved, and he passed away on September 7.

Lancashire Police initiated inquiries into the incident before transferring the investigation to Blackpool Council.

Coroner’s Inquest and Ongoing Investigation

Coroner Alan Wilson has officially confirmed that an inquest into Jack’s untimely death will commence at Blackpool and Fylde Coroner’s Court on Friday.

As part of the ongoing investigation, Blackpool Council advised Tiffany’s Hotel to temporarily suspend its operations while health and safety assessments are conducted.

The precise timeline for the hotel’s reopening remains uncertain, as investigations led by the local authorities, with support from the Health and Safety Executive, are ongoing.

Condolences from Tiffany’s Hotel

In the wake of Jack’s tragic passing, Tiffany’s Hotel conveyed its heartbreak and expressed solidarity with Jack’s grieving family.

The hotel extended its willingness to cooperate fully with the relevant authorities to facilitate the investigative process.

It is important to note that Jack was in the company of family members at the time of the unfortunate incident.

A Time of Grief and Questions

This heartbreaking incident highlights the profound tragedy of a young life lost too soon.

As the investigation unfolds, it underscores the importance of thorough safety measures in all establishments to prevent such accidents.

Our thoughts are with Jack’s family during this difficult time as they seek answers and closure in the wake of this tragic event.

Share on Facebook «||» Share on Twitter «||» Share on Reddit «||» Share on LinkedIn

Read Related News On TDPel Media

Advertisement
Advertisement: Download Vital Signs App (VS App)