KWASU Postgraduate Admission Requirements
a. Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) Programmes
The following shall qualify for the Postgraduate Diploma admission.
- Graduates of Kwara State University or other recognized Universities.
- Holders of Higher National Diploma (HND) (not HD) with a minimum of Credit pass or its equivalent in relevant areas.
- Candidates who hold qualifications other than the above, which are acceptable to the Board of School of Postgraduate Studies and Senate of the University.
- In addition to (i) – (iii) above, a candidate must satisfy the University’s requirements for matriculation.
The duration of the PGD Programme is a minimum of 2 semesters and a maximum of 4 semesters.
b. Master Degree (Academic)
The following shall qualify for the Masters’ degree admission:
- Graduates of Kwara State University or other recognized universities who have obtained the approved degree of Bachelor with a minimum of Second Class Upper Division.
- Candidates with Second Class Lower Division may, however, be considered for admission. Such candidates may be subjected to a qualifying examination.
- In addition to the above, a candidate must satisfy the university’s requirements for matriculation.
- Candidates to be considered for admission into the Pre-Ph.D. degree programmes should have obtained a Master degree with a minimum of 50% cumulative (Weighted) Average Score. Such candidates must satisfy the University’s requirements for matriculation.
d. Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D.) Degree Programmes
- Candidates to be considered for admission into the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree programme should have obtained a Master’s degree with a minimum Cumulative (Weighted) Average Score of 60%. Such candidates must satisfy the University’s requirements for matriculation.
Duration & Structure of KWASU Postgraduate Programmes
- Full-Time: The minimum period allowed for Masters degree programme (Full Time) is three (3) semesters and a maximum of six (6) semesters. The minimum period allows for Pre-Ph.D is two semesters and the maximum is four semesters. The minimum period allowed for Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree programmes (Full Time) is six (6) semesters and a maximum of ten (10) semesters.
- All Academic Programmes will be by a combination of Course Work and Research.
How to Apply for KWASU Postgraduate Admission Form
- Applicants seeking admission into the University’s Postgraduate Programme should first visit www.kwasu.edu.ng for stipulated entry requirements and then follow the instructions to proceed with an online application.
- All completed application forms are to be submitted not later than 15th November 2022.
- The application form fee is N30,000:00. (Thirty Thousand Naira only)
- All candidates must apply for their official Bachelor or Master degree academic transcript to be sent to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, Kwara State University, Malete.
Apply Here — https://portal.kwasu.edu.ng/app_guide.php.
Note that payment is strictly with Interswitch MasterCard or Verve Card.