Harriet Robson, Mason Greenwood case: Every detail, angle covered!

Harriet Robson, Mason Greenwood case: Every detail, angle covered!

Mason Greenwood, a Manchester United and England striker, has been suspended indefinitely while police investigate allegations of “domestic abuse” and “sexual assault” that surfaced after shocking social media stories were posted on the account of one-time girlfriend Harriet Robson at the end of January.

As the case has progressed, The South African has attempted to offer coverage at every step of the way, and you can read about each story update below.
30 January: Pictures, an audio clip, and a video of Robson bruised and bloodied surface on social media.

The images are later deleted from her account, but spread like wildfire across social media.

30 January: Soon after the incident came to light, Manchester United release a statement to say “we are aware of images and allegations circulating on social media”. Later on that Sunday, United confirm Greenwood has been suspended indefinitely: “Mason Greenwood will not return to training or play matches until further notice.”

30 January: According to overseas website Joe.co.uk, Robson’s father subsequently releases a statement revealing that Robson’s phone was ‘hacked’ and that she didn’t want the pictures to be released. “She has told us her phone has been hacked. We told her to take it down, which she has done but it’s out there now so it is too late,” Robson’s father was quoted as saying by Joe.co.uk. “She is devastated because she didn’t want it released. We have known him (Greenwood) since the under 21s. He has been part of our family for two or three years. Their relationship has not been good for the last few months. She is completely devastated by it all.” 

30 January: On Sunday night, news emerges that Greenwood has been arrested on “suspicion of rape and assault”, with the Greater Manchester Police (GMP) stating they had been granted more time to question him.

31 January: Further charges are levelled against Greenwood based “on suspicion of sexual assault and threats to kill”.

1 February: United release a new statement following developments, saying: “Manchester United reiterates its strong condemnation of violence of any kind. As previously communicated, Mason Greenwood will not train with, or play for, the club until further notice.”

2 February: The 20-year-old Greenwood is released on bail while a police investigation continues.

3 February: Manchester United allow supporters who have purchased shirts with Greenwood’s name printed on them to change them for another shirt and name of their choice.

4 February: Harriet Robson expresses gratitude for support after Greenwood arrest in her first public comment since the story came to light. “The last few days have been very difficult and I’m taking a break from social media while the police make their investigations,” she writes.

7 February: Nike confirms that it has terminated its endorsement agreement with the England and Manchester United striker.

8 February: Reports suggest that the Man United changeroom has been divided over the manner in which the Greenwood case has been handled by the club, while players including Edinson Cavani, Cristiano Ronaldo and Victor Lindelof are said to have cut off the 20-year-old from social media.

11 February: It’s reported that Greenwood will receive no compensation after being dropped from his Nike sponsorship deal, but will continue to be paid his £75,000-a-week salary from United pending the outcome of any criminal proceedings.

24 February: Reports emerge to suggest Greenwood has been paid £267 850 (R5.5 million) in wages since being suspended by the club on rape allegations.

25 March: Nearly two months since the allegations came to light, the police investigation is said to be ongoing as they seek further information.

*Content warning: This article contains graphic images and viewer discretion is advised.

↯↯↯Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media ↯↯↯