Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the Screening Exercise for admission into the DEGREE Programmes of Fountain University, Osogbo (FUO) for the 2022/2023 Academic Session.
About Fountain University
Fountain University is a private University established by the Nasrul-Lahi-Il-Fatih Society of Nigeria on May 2007 and started operating January 2008. The vision of the University is to be a pace-setting institution in terms of learning, character building and service to humanity. Its mission is to produce competent and resourceful graduates with high moral standards.
Its philosophy is the total development of men and women in an enabling environment through appropriate teaching, research and service to humanity, influenced by Islamic Ethics and Culture.
- THE UNIVERSITY RUNS A FULLY RESIDENTIAL POLICY FOR ALL UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMMES
- ENDOWED SCHOLARSHIPS ARE AVAILABLE FOR BRILLIANT BUT INDIGENT STUDENTS WHILE THE UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIPS ARE AWARDED TO BRILLIANT STUDENTS
Fountain University Admission General Requirements
a. Candidates applying for admission into any Undergraduate Programme must possess a minimum of five (5) O’ level credit passes at not more than two sittings in WAEC/NECO SSCE AND GCE which must include credit passes in English Language and Mathematics, and any other THREE subjects relevant to the proposed course of study OBTAINED WITHIN THE LAST FIVE YEARS.
b. Direct Entry Candidates are expected to possess a good Diploma in their choice of Course (With minimum of Lower Credit) from reputable Polytechnics or Universities OR equivalent A’ Level Passes (including IJMB) in relevant Subjects. DIRECT ENTRY STUDENTS ARE EXPECTED TO ALSO PURCHASE THE DIRECT ENTRY FORM OF THE JOINT ADMISSIONS & MATRICULATION BOARDS.
Candidates awaiting results can also apply provided there is the assurance that such results will be available before Matriculation.
DIRECT ENTRY CANDIDATES (200LEVEL):
Candidates in addition to the “O” leve results must have 2 or 3 subjects at A level or HSC or ND or NCE or ATS in relevant discipline. Candidate are also expected to have purchased the Direct Entry (JAMB) Form.
DIRECT ENTRY CANDIDATES (300LEVEL):
Candidates for these programmes should be holders of HND in their respective fields of studies.HND in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Statistics or Mathematics is acceptable for Computer Science while Professional Certificates such as ACA, ACIB, ACIS, ACIN and ACIT are acceptable for Business Administration, Accountancy, Banking and Finance. In addition, candidates must possess five credit pass in SSCE WAEC/NECO or NABTEB. These should include English Language, Mathematics and three other subjects relevant to the course of study.
Fountain University Available Degree Programmes.
1. COLLEGE OF NATURAL AND APPLIED SCIENCES
( i ) Department of Biological Sciences
a) B.Sc Microbiology
(ii) Department of Chemical Sciences
a) B.Sc Biochemistry and Nutrition
b) B.Sc Chemistry
c) B.Sc Industrial and Environmental Chemistry
(iii) Department of Physics, Electronics and Earth Sciences
a) B.Sc Physics
b) B.Sc Physics and Electronics
(iv) Department of Mathematics and Computer Sciences
a) B.Sc Computer Science
2. COLLEGE OF MANAGEMENT AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
(i) Department of Accounting and Finance
a) B.Sc Accounting
b) B.Sc Banking and Finance
(ii) Department of Economics
a) B.Sc Economics
(iii) Department of Business Administration
a) B.Sc Business Administration
(iv) Department of Political Science and Industrial Relations
a) B.Sc Political Science and Public Administration
b) B.Sc Industrial Relations and Personnel Management
(v) Department of Psychology and Sociology
a) B.Sc Sociology
b) B.Sc Psychology
(vi) Department of Mass Communication
a) B.Sc Mass Communication
How to Apply for Fountain University Post UTME Form
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
- Visit fuo.edu.ng and click on APPLY FOR ADMISSION
- Create account by clicking NEW APPLICATION
- Fill appropriately Submit the form and check your email for APPLICATION NUMBER.
- Login to the admission portal to start your application
- Paying of Application form: Click the PROCEED TO PAYMENT to pay your application fee. After payment of Application fees, Application form would be displayed. Fill the application by providing all necessary information e.g biodata, Olevel. NOTE you will need to upload necessary files and passports in jpg, png, pdf.
- Take the POST UTME exam by clicking the link
- Await the admission office to process your application and give you admission. For a quicker process, please chat up the admission officer contact on the portal
- After your admission is processed, your portal changes
- Proceed to make payment for acceptance fees.
- After payment of the acceptance fee, Check your Acceptance Letter/ Admission letter for your matric number. Matriculation NUMBER may be generated within 24hrs of admission confirmation.