An ambitious mobster from Brooklyn was found guilty on Wednesday of planning the murders of his mafia boss father and elder brother.
In a month-long trial, the prosecution said that Anthony Zottola, 44, hired a hitman and a Bloods gang member to kill his 71-year-old father, Sylvester Zottola, in an effort to inherit his $45 million real estate business.
According to their accounts, the younger Zottola was a cruel and power-hungry individual who made jokes with Bloods gang member Brushawn “Shelz” Shelton after he and his accomplices carried out the $200,000 murder.
In the end, a jury in Brooklyn Federal Court convicted him guilty on Wednesday for the 2018 homicide at a McDonald’s drive-through.
Himen Ross, a 36-year-old hitman who was also one of his co-defendants, was also found guilty of carrying out the shooting, while Alfred Lopez, the alleged getaway driver, was cleared of all charges.
In a statement, US Attorney Breon Pearce claimed that the elderly victim, Sylvester Zottola, had been harassed, assaulted, and stabbed over the period of more than a year.
His own son hired a group of hitmen to kill his father because he was so desperate to take over the rich family real estate firm.
Anthony Zottola and his co-defendant will spend the remainder of their lives in jail, where they deserve, as a consequence of today’s conviction, for sentenced his father to a terrible death.
On February 2, Zottola is due to get his punishment.
↯↯↯Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media ↯↯↯
Also On TDPel Media
- Telstra phishing letter dupes recipients into a bogus effort to capture hackers
- Archie Battersbee’s mother tells the coroner that she does not know if he participated in the ‘blackout challenge’ on TikTok
- Trans Lives Matter demonstrators occupy Oklahoma State Capitol
- ‘Shocked’ granny, 68, fined £100 for “littering” after feeding ducks bread in river
- BBC apologizes for confusing actress Viola Davis for Beyoncé
- Rishi Sunak reshuffles the Cabinet, with Greg Hands assuming the leadership of the Tories
- O’Keefe crashes into a cameraman on his way to court
- Shark near swimmers at Dongara Beach in WA a day after 16-year-old dies from shark attack
- Woman who stole £24,000 from her 91-year-old grandmother for JustEat blamed her for being a “big eater.”
- Clients of Escape Homes criticize the construction business for postponing house completion dates