The Centre for Information and Telecommunication Engineering (CITE) University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) has commenced the sale of application forms for admission into its various postgraduate programmes for the 2022/2023 academic session.
The Centre for Information and Telecommunication Engineering (CITE) was established by the Senate of the University of Port Harcourt on January 29, 2014 to train high-level skilled manpower for ICT, Automation and Telecommunications based Industries through a University-Industry based collaborative Post Graduate Programmes.
UNIPORT CITE Postgraduate Programmes
- PGD in Information and Telecommunication Engineering
- M.Sc. in Information and Telecommunication Engineering
- M.Sc. in Intelligent Control and Instrumentation Engineering
- Ph.D. in Information Systems Engineering
- Ph.D. in Communication Engineering
UNIPORT CITE Postgraduate Programmes Admission Requirements
Post Graduate Diploma (PGD): Candidates who possess a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University with a minimum of Third Class Honors or a Higher National Diploma (HND) from a recognized Polytechnic with a minimum of Upper Credit in any Engineering field, Computer Science, Mathematics/ Statistics, Physics, Physics- Electronic or any other related field would be considered.
M.Sc. Programmes: A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 2.50 on a scale of 5.00 in any of the Engineering fields, Computer Science, Mathematics/ Statistics, Physics, Physics-Electronic or any other related field. Candidates with PGD (Upper Credit) with I.T Experience would also be considered.
Ph.D. Programmes: Candidates must possess a Master’s Degree with a minimum of 3. 50 CGPA on a scale of 5.00 point in any of the following Engineering field: Electrical, Electronic, Electrical/Electronic, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Technology, Communication, Telecommunications, or any other related field. The candidates must also have five O’ level credit passes including English, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
UNIPORT CITE Postgraduate Programmes Duration
- PGD Programme is designed to run for 12 Calendar Months
- M.Sc. Full-Time Programme is designed to run for 12 Calendar Months
- M.Sc. Weekend Programme is designed to run for 100 weekends
- Ph.D. Full-Time programme is minimum of 24 and a maximum of 60 Calendar Months.
- Ph.D. Part-Time Programme is a minimum of 36 Calendar Months and a maximum of 84 Calendar Months
How to Apply for UNIPORT CITE Postgraduate Admission Form
Apply online at www.citeuniport.com/apply.php or visit the Centre for Information and Telecommunication Engineering (CITE), Uniport opposite Total Filling, Station, East-West Road, Choba, Port Harcourt.
Application Fee: A non-refundable application fee of twenty thousand naira (N20,000) for the M.Sc and PGD Programmes/ thirty thousand naira (N30, 000.00) for the PhD Programme in certified Bank Draft made payable to the Centre for Information and Telecommunication Engineering (CITE).
Important date to remember: (Any change will be communicated by e-mail) or uploaded on-line
- Completed Application Forms must be returned to the Director (CITE) on or before November 2, 2022.
- For enquiries, please call +2348066302577, 08036760847, 08032686763.