You can watch Rugby World Cup live stream free in the UK on ITV and ITVX, in Ireland on RTÉ and Virgin Media, in Australia on Channel 9 (for select games), and in the US on Peacock. If you’re not at home, you can use a VPN to watch it from anywhere.
Today, there are three games to watch. First, it’s Japan vs. Chile, followed by a big match between South Africa and Scotland. Finally, Wales will face Fiji, and the Pacific Islanders are really excited about it. After today, there will be a break until next weekend.
Rugby World Cup live stream free
- You can watch for free on ITVX if you’re in the UK, and it covers all the games.
- In Ireland, you can also watch all the games for free on RTÉ and Virgin Media.
- If you’re in Australia, use 9Now for select games, and it’s also free.
- In the USA, you can watch it on Peacock TV.
- If you’re away from home and want to watch your local stream, you can use ExpressVPN.
How to Watch Rugby World Cup 2023 in the UK
To watch the Rugby World Cup 2023 in the UK, follow these simple steps:
- Check the Schedule: First, find out when and where the matches will be played. You can usually find the schedule on the official Rugby World Cup website or in sports news sources.
- Tune in to ITVX: In the UK, you can catch all the Rugby World Cup action on ITVX. It’s a popular channel that broadcasts major sporting events, including the Rugby World Cup.
- Use Your TV: If you have a TV, simply tune in to ITVX on the designated match days and times. Make sure you have a good antenna or cable/satellite subscription to access the channel.
- Online Streaming: If you prefer watching on your computer or mobile device, you can stream the matches live on the ITVX website or app. Make sure to have a stable internet connection.
- Set Up a Reminder: Some matches may have early start times or be on days when you’re busy. Set up reminders or alarms so you don’t miss the games you want to watch.
- Enjoy the Games: Grab your favourite snacks, settle into a comfortable spot, and enjoy the Rugby World Cup matches from the comfort of your home.
Remember that the Rugby World Cup is a highly anticipated event, so it’s a good idea to plan ahead and ensure you have access to the matches well in advance. Enjoy the thrilling rugby action!
Get Ready for the 2023 Rugby World Cup
The 2023 Rugby World Cup is starting, and two nations that haven’t won before are the top favourites. France, as the host, and Ireland, the world’s No.1 team, might have their big moment or face a tough tournament.
Wales got lucky with the Rugby World Cup draw in 2020, based on rankings from January that year. If it happened now, they would have faced tougher teams. Instead, they’re in a pretty easy pool, with Australia as the only strong team in Pool C.
In contrast, the other three pools are tough, with one being especially challenging. Pool B is the hardest, with Ireland, South Africa (the current World Cup champs), and a strong Scotland team ranked No. 5 in the world.
Pool A is also a tough group, with France hosting and ranked No. 2 globally. They share it with the All Blacks (New Zealand) and Italy, which has challenged France, Ireland, and Scotland this year.
Pool D is also interesting, with England looking a bit uncertain. Their captain, Owen Farrell, won’t be there at the start due to a four-game ban, and Billy Vunipola might not play either.
Argentina, under Michael Cheika, are an exciting team to watch, and Japan aims to build on their best-ever World Cup performance. You can watch all games for free in the UK and Ireland. Here’s how to stream the Rugby World Cup from anywhere.
Watch Rugby World Cup for Free Online
If you’re in the UK, you can watch all 2023 Rugby World Cup games for free on ITVX. The same goes for Ireland, where RTÉ and Virgin Media Player share live broadcasts. If you’re outside the UK or Ireland, you can use a VPN to access local streams from abroad. We suggest using ExpressVPN, which offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Watch Rugby World Cup 2023 Live Anywhere
When you travel abroad, you can’t watch your usual Rugby World Cup 2023 live stream because the streaming service will know you’re in another country and block you. To work around this, you can use a VPN (virtual private network). This is a simple piece of software that makes your device look like it’s in the correct country, so you can watch the Rugby World Cup from anywhere in the world.
We recommend ExpressVPN as the best VPN for rugby fans. ExpressVPN gives you a 30-day money-back guarantee for their VPN service. You can use it to watch Six Nations 2023 live streams on various devices like your phone, tablet, computer, TV, or gaming console. They have 24/7 customer support, and when you sign up, you get three months for free. Give it a try – it’s simpler than you might imagine.
Using a VPN for Rugby World Cup 2023
Using a VPN to watch Rugby World Cup 2023 is super simple:
- First, install a VPN. We suggest ExpressVPN, which is dependable.
- Open the VPN app and pick the location you want to appear in. For the Rugby World Cup, you might select ‘UK’ for ITVX.
- Next, go to ITVX using your browser or device, and you can enjoy the free Rugby World Cup live stream.”
Which Team Has Won the Most Rugby World Cups?
New Zealand and South Africa are the teams that have won the most Rugby World Cups, both with three victories each. Australia and England have each won it twice, while France has reached three finals but hasn’t won any. These four teams have dominated the tournament’s history.