…Niger state to end indiscriminate felling of trees for charcoal, deforestation…
Niger state Government in North central Nigeria, has intensified efforts towards putting an end to unfortunate indiscriminate felling of trees for charcoal and timber business across the state.
This was stated by the Secretary to the state government Alhaji Ibrahim Matane on Wednesday in a statement to Voice of Nigeria.
Matane who said the state Task force on Forest Exploitation has been ordered to auctioned about 500 bags of charcoal confiscated from dealers of the commodity in the state further enjoined the Task Force to intensify effort towards putting an end to the unfortunate incident while assuring them of Government.
“Soil erosion, desertification and land degradation are some of the challenges faced by the people as a result of indiscriminate felling of trees”, Matane added.
The Niger State SSG who lamented that the act of felling of trees in the name of charcoal and timber remains a threat to the community, pointed out that despite several efforts embarked upon by the Government in fighting the trend.
“Niger state government would not rest on its oars in ensuring the full protection of forests in the State”.
While soliciting for the support of traditional rulers, community leaders and other stakeholders to cooperate with the Government in combating the menace.
The SSG further assured of the state government’s continued support and cooperation to succeed in the campaign against deforestation in the state.
The Coordinator, Niger State Task Force on Forest Exploitation, Saidu Alfa also decried that the act of felling of trees in the name of charcoal remains a threat to the society however expressed optimism that under the present administration the culture would be fought accordingly.
↯↯↯Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media ↯↯↯
Also On TDPel Media
- 7 Essential Appliances Needed to Set up a Testing Lab
- Edinburgh receives top worldwide climate action rating for the second year
- Are the Rouge Antibodies Driving Acute COVID-19 Infections?
- What Are the Industrial Advantages and Disadvantages of Recombinant Protein Expression
- Laboratory Automation: What is it and What are the Benefits
- Environment Development and Sustainability: Why is it Necessary?
- NIH first to develop 3D structure of twinkle protein
- Scientists develop the first telescope contact lens
- Cwmni Egino sets out ambition for UK’s first SMR at Trawsfynydd nuclear site
- The clearest image of the Sun ever recorded