Nazareth Woldu, an athlete from Eritrea, finished fourth at the 18th World Athletics Championship in Oregon, the US.
Ethiopian athlete took first place in the highly contested sport, followed by Kenyan athlete and Israeli athlete.
Nazareth Woldu beat her previous best from April 2022 in Daegu, South Korea, by finishing the marathon in 2 hours, 20 minutes, and 29 seconds.
She has also broken her own national record four times.
Similarly, Eritrean competitors placed 16th and 22nd in the men’s marathon competition on Sunday, while Rahel Daniel, an Eritrean athlete, placed 5th in the women’s 10,000-meter race.
↯↯↯Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media ↯↯↯
Also On TDPel Media
- We intend to improve upon our competitive performance in order to keep the trophy. Connor Mailula
- Coach Rulani Mokwena: We must do our best to protect the trophy and go better than previous year
- They did great in giving everyone minutes, which is the best way to keep everyone satisfied. Rulani Mokwena
- Reserves of Pirates Pass Maritzburg
- Sundowns Ladies are prepared for their Super League debut against Richmond United
- Preview of the DStv Premiership: Mamelodi Sundowns
- Mamelodi Sundowns Ladies celebrates National Girls and Women in Sports Day
- Which are the best tennis bookmakers for India?
- Pirates sign a new player
- Wrexham and Sheffield United have a 3-3 draw. Next Rematch Set for February