“Six suspects entered the yard and held up a family of thirteen (13) who met at the residence after attending a funeral. The robbers stole thirteen cellphones, alcohol, jewelry, bank cards, identity documents, and the Porsche Panamera.
“A white Hyundai i20 was also used in the robbery. During the incident, the suspects asked for the owner of the Porsche. They made him unlock his cellphone, which they checked for vehicle tracking applications,” Balram said.
MORE DETAILS ABOUT THE STOLEN PORSCHE:
He said it was a silver Porsche Panamera with registration DD39MT-GP.
“The Boksburg, Gauteng resident complied with the suspects who fled in his vehicle after they confirmed that the car did not have any tracking devices.”
Balram furthermore said no injuries were reported.
DO YOU HAVE MORE INFORMATION?
Police could not yet confirm the incident,
Tips on what to do during an armed robbery:
- Remain calm and obey the robber’s orders. Do only what they demand.
- Raise your hands and don’t move. If you must move, tell them what you are going to do. Ensure they can always see your hands.
- Don’t have a discussion with them. Don’t try to change their mind. Speak only if spoken to. Answer in a confident voice and with short sentences.
- Keep them informed. Ensure there are no surprises.
- Give them what they demands. Be honest about the amount of money which you can give them.