You’ve recently launched your online store on Shopify and want to keep utilizing the current domain you acquired from a third-party provider with your new Shopify Website Development. In this post, we will walk you through the detailed steps of transferring a domain to Shopify, which is an ideal answer to the aforementioned scenario.
Don’t be concerned if your present Shopify store isn’t performing as well as you would like. With UnitedSol – #1 Shopping Cart Migration Solution, you can migrate from any platform to a more robust one instantly, correctly, and securely. To experience a more simplified business, try moving from Wix to Shopify or doing Magento to Shopify transfer.
Let’s consider the following arguments to fully understand why you should move your domain to Shopify:
Better domain management
When you transfer a domain, you also transfer domain control to Shopify, which means you can change your domain settings, pay for your domain, and renew your domain directly in your Shopify admin.
Shopify offers a reasonable price of $14 per year to host your domain.
Despite domain protection, a few registrars leak contact information. You can be confident in the security of your data when you use Shopify.
Poor support system
If you opt to move your domain to Shopify and pay for domain registration, you will receive full support from the Shopify Support Team.
What do you need to keep in mind when transferring your domain to Shopify?
- Your domain will be hosted by Shopify for $14 per year.
- The domain’s server name will not be modified when it is transferred.
- The policy of your present domain name registrar permits you to support domain transfer.
- Your domain must have been registered within the last 60 days.
- For the following 12 months, you must pay to register your domain on Shopify.
How do you move a domain to Shopify?
Essentially, there are simply three basic steps to seamlessly move a domain to Shopify:
Step 1: Review your domain registrar’s transfer policy
Check your domain provider’s transfer policy before beginning the domain transfer process. The most basic technique to find the policy is to search the keyword ‘transfer domain’ in the domain provider’s help center. In case you need it, below are the domain transfer policies of some of the most popular domain providers in the eCommerce world:
- Google Domains
Step 2: Get your domain ready for transfer
After you’ve confirmed the policy, you must prepare your current domain for transfer to Shopify by following the four steps outlined below:
- Log in to your domain registrar’s account.
- Make sure the email address associated with your account is active because you will receive confirmation emails during the transfer process.
- In the settings, unlock the domain you want to transfer.
- By clicking, you can obtain a transfer permission code from your provider. In the settings, change the domain.
Step 3: Connect your domain to Shopify
Now it’s time to get to the important stuff:
Click Online Store, then Domain, from your Shopify admin.
If this is your first time connecting your domain to your Shopify store, select Connect existing domain > transfer in your domain transfer domain to Shopify.
If you already have a domain associated with your Shopify store, please select Transfer domain.
- Move a domain to Shopify
- Enter the domain name that you want to redirect to Shopify, without the www. at the beginning.
- Next, click Next, and then click Verify domain.
- If the domain is ready to be transferred, you will notice Domain Unlocked, and you may proceed by clicking Next. If you see Domain Locked in reverse, you must return to step 2 and ensure that you have fully prepared your domain for transfer.
- You must input the permission code, or EPP code, provided by your domain provider in the Verification code box.
- Next, select Next, then Buy and Transfer.
- Check the email address linked with your
Following you have approved the transfer procedure, the domain transfer can take up to 20 days to complete, after which you will receive an email from Shopify confirming that your domain has been successfully transferred.
If you’ve made it this far, you should have a good knowledge of the domain transfer to Shopify procedure. If you have any additional questions, please contact your domain provider or the Shopify support team.
If you wish to migrate your store to Shopify, UnitedSol is here to help. All of your data, including items, customers, orders, and other relevant entities, will be accurately, safely, and rapidly migrated to Shopify with a few easy clicks. Don’t wait any longer to try out a free Shopify migration demo.