The Federal University, Lokoja (FULOKOJA) management has announced the resumption date for the continuation of academic activities following the suspension of the industrial action by all the university-based staff unions.
FULOKOJA Resumption Date
On Friday, October 14, 2022, the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) suspended its nationwide strike, prompting the Senate of the Federal University Lokoja (FUL) to announce the resumption of academic activity.
At an Emergency Meeting held today in the Senate Chamber (Multipurpose Hall), Permanent Site, presided over by the Vice-Chancellor, Professor Olayemi Akinwumi, the University Senate announced that classes will begin on Monday, October 24, 2022, while the University resumes today, Monday, October 17, 2022.
In his presentation headlined “NOW THAT WE ARE BACK TO OUR BEATS,” the Vice-Chancellor passionately urged the academic staff to make up for the time lost in their schedules so that the students would not needlessly suffer as a consequence of the strike.
Professor Akinwumi pleaded, “I am aware that this is a huge sacrifice that I am asking of you, but we must bend over backwards for the benefit of our students.”
The debate of the revised Academic Calendar, which was accepted with minimal adjustments, was the focus of the conference.
Similarly, the VC briefed distinguished members of the Senate on some major policy decisions made by the Principal Officers Committee (POC) during their weekly meetings during the strike, such as the relocation of the Faculty of Science from the College of Health Sciences, Adankolo Campus to the University Permanent Site, which began on Saturday, October 15, 2022.
↯↯↯Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media ↯↯↯
Also On TDPel Media
- Enugu School Fees for State University of Medicine and Applied Science (SUMAS)
- BUTTERY SMASHED POTATOES RECIPE
- Admission Form for Edo State College of Nursing Sciences (EDOCONS)
- HND Admission List for Federal Polytechnic Ado-Ekiti (FEDPOLYADO)
- List of Graduates from the National Open University of Nigeria
- FUTMINNA Postgraduate Courses and Requirements
- UK Government Invites Nigerian Teachers and Offers N15 million in Compensation
- Acceptance Fee for Federal Polytechnic Offa (OFFAPOLY)
- Admissions for HND at Kenule Beeson Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic (KENPOLY)
- Kaduna Polytechnic (KADPOLY) Minimum Passing Grade