The National Park Service said that a Canadian man’s corpse was found this week after he fell on Monday while hiking Mount Rainier.
On Mount Rainier’s south side, while descending the Disappointment Cleaver path, witnesses claimed to have seen a climber experience a “serious fall.”
Mountain climbing instructors and rangers made many failed attempts to find the climber.
On Tuesday, National Park Service rangers used a helicopter to find and remove his remains.
The climber was eventually recognized by the National Park Service as Chun Hui Zhang, 52, of Surrey, British Columbia. According to authorities, Zhang was climbing a private recreational mountain with friends.
The International Mountain Guides and Rainier Mountaineering, Inc. employees received praise from the National Park Service for their “great help” during the event.
Since official records began to be maintained, more than 400 individuals have passed away at Mount Rainier National Park, according to data collected by the National Park Service as of 2022. A quarter of the fatalities happened as people were climbing the active volcano-shaped peak.
The largest glaciated summit in the contiguous United States, Mount Rainier is 14,410 feet above sea level and the source of five significant rivers.
↯↯↯Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media ↯↯↯
Also On TDPel Media
- Queens NYPD seeking for man who randomly assaulted women
- Florida adolescent Aiden Fucci admits to fatally stabbing 13-year-old cheerleader Tristyn Bailey
- Former Goldman Sachs executive Harvey Schwartz has been named CEO of Carlyle Group
- Bethany Hamilton, a surfer, says she will not compete against trans women
- I almost perished from $117K in black-market BBL injections
- “The View” Jokes About Bored Ben Affleck at Grammys: “J.Lo Should’ve Brought” Mum
- National Enquirer acquired for $100 million to indicted former MoviePass CEO: report
- Dell is eliminating almost 6,500 positions as the PC market declines
- Rasta The Artist honors Riky Rick at Cotton Festival 2023
- Emirates now offers MORE Cape Town flights