The authorities of the University of Calabar (UNICAL) invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into their graduate programmes that lead to the award of Postgraduate Diploma, Masters and Doctor of Philosophy Degree for the 2021/2022 academic session.
UNICAL Postgraduate Admission Requirements
- Candidates are required to have a CGPA of 1.25/5 minimum for PGD, 2.5/4 or 3.0/5 for Masters and 3.0/4 or 3.5/5 for Ph.D Programmes.
- Candidates with Master’s from recognized universities may credit the relevant courses towards the Ph.D, programme provided the quality of the grade is acceptable to the Postgraduate School
Note: Filling of forms – Surnames first, First name next, Middle name last.
There will be no changes made after submission of application forms online. Therefore candidates must think through before submission as any change will attract a fee.
This is to prevent multiple applications. The titles Mr, Miss or Mrs may be used but not Rev(Dr), Chief, etc. Programmes applied for should be Ph.D, M.A, M.Ed, M.Sc, MPH, LLM, and PGD.
As part of the application, candidates are expected to submit a CONCEPT NOTE of 2 pages maximum for PhD programmes and one (1) page maximum for Master’s programmes.
The concept note will be typed online in a space provided in the form and printed out for submission to the department. The concept note is a MINI SUMMARY OF RESEARCH PROPOSAL highlighting what candidates intend to research when admitted. It will have to cover the following:
- Statement of the problem
- Relevance of study to self and society
- Aim(s) of the study
- Brief theoretical background
Note: Candidates who fail to send their concept notes online along with their application forms will not be allowed to take part in the oral interview.
Candidates are to ensure that their academic transcripts are forwarded by their previous institutions through courier service to the Academic Secretary, Graduate School, University of Calabar, P.M.B. 1115, Calabar, Cross River State, ON OR BEFORE THE DEADLINE INDICATED BELOW.
ALL TRANSCRIPTS MUST BE RECEIVED IN GRADUATE SCHOOL ON OR BEFORE THE SCREENING DAY.
Candidates whose transcripts are not received in the Graduate School before the deadline, shall NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR ADMISSION.
There will be no room for awaiting results (all applicants whose results have not been approved by the Graduate School Board/University Senate will not be considered for admission).
How to Apply for UNICAL Postgraduate Admission Form
Interested candidates are to first log on to our website: www.unicalonline.edu.ng or click here to access and download the prospectus for the complete description of available courses.
Thereafter, candidates are required to pay a non-refundable fee of ₦25,000.00 at any bank nationwide via E-Transact platform for Postgraduate School application form 2021/2022 academic session.
A printout with a unique PIN will be issued at the bank.
Candidates will then enter their unique PIN and their mobile phone numbers on www.unicalonline.edu.ng/admissions to access the form.
Follow the steps by providing your data as prompted and ensure that your form is submitted.
YOU ARE TO PRINT OUT A COPY OF YOUR FORM AND CONCEPT NOTE, BY CLICKING ON PRINT button after submission.
Please bring a copy of the printed form to the venue on the day of the screening.
Process Flow of E-Scratch Card for UNICAL Postgraduate Application
- Walk into any bank across the federation and make payment on E-Transact platform to purchase Postgraduate School application form for 2021/2022 academic session.
- Make a payment of ₦25,000.00 and obtain the payment slip.
- Go online to www.unicalonline.edu.ng/admissions
- Log on with the generated pin on the payment slip to fill the Postgraduate form.
UNICAL Postgraduate Application Deadline, Screening Schedule
Admission Screening Day: All candidates are also expected to take part in the admission screening exercise which takes place as later date.
The screening test will be a Computer Based Test as follows:
- Part A – Computer based test involving (Use of English Language, Logic, Mathematics, ICT and General Knowledge);
- Part B – Oral interview in the respective departments based on subject area/concept note for Ph.D and Master’s candidates.
- There shall be No oral interview for MBA, MPAS and all PGD programmes.
- Mock examination for Computer fluency as stated above.
Admission / Available Programmes:
08037936924;08035529894; 08037341182; 08063840768/08038984976
Issues with Online Forms:
08183626190, 08064439182, 07064215158
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Also call the number on the last page of the Faculty publication for inquiry. All calls must be between 9.00 a.m. and 4.00 p.m.