“Paramedics responded to the scene of a serious motor vehicle collision on the M7 eastbound near the Bellville Road area.
“On arrival on the scene, paramedics were met with absolute mayhem as the twisted frames of three vehicles occupied the width of the roadway.”
Van Reenen said a light motor vehicle was found to have overturned.
LOCAL AUTHORITIES ARE STILL ON THE SCENE
Reports from the scene are that two men suffered fatal injuries and were declared dead on the arrival of paramedics.
He furthermore said two others sustained serious injuries and were treated and stabilized on the scene by Advanced life support paramedics.
Once they were stabilised they were taken to a nearby hospital for further care.
Local authorities are still on the scene and motorists were advised to use alternative routes.
- Stop your car and stay at the scene
- Firstly, stop your vehicle and, in the interest of road safety, switch on your hazards to warn other drivers. Climb out of your car if it is safe to do so and check if anyone has been hurt. If you can, take pictures of the damage to all the vehicles involved in the incident.
- Help anyone who has been hurt
- While you can only be criminally charged for causing the accident and any resulting injuries, as a bystander, you have a moral obligation to help someone who has been hurt in a road accident. Help includes contacting an ambulance or rescue unit, even if the injuries do not appear to be serious. It’s critical that you don’t move the injured party and that you do not administer first aid unless you are qualified to do so.
- Get the details
- Record the information of everyone involved in the road accident, including personal details, vehicle registration numbers, tow-truck information, and insurance details. Take note of all road names, landmarks, intersections, and robots, as you will have to draw a sketch and description of the accident on your police report and for insurance purposes.
- Report the accident
- Inform the police within 24 hours of the road accident. If the police come to the scene, don’t move anything until they say you may. Ensure that you get an Accident Report (AR) number, as this is needed for any insurance claim or third-party claim you may lodge.
Two killed in HORRIFIC early morning Queensburg accident Thank You