Ten people were killed following a crush during Scott’s performance at NRG Park in Houston last year. A filing Monday in Harris County argued that the total number of injured concertgoers is exponentially higher than initially reported.
Attorneys Jason Itkin, Richard Mithoff and, Sean Roberts said that 732 victims were severely injured and required extensive medical treatment after the stampede.
They claim an additional 1,649 received less extensive treatment, and the severity of 2,540 concertgoers’ injuries is still under review, Rolling Stone first reported.
The filing did not specify what ‘extensive’ or ‘less extensive’ treatment comprised. When reached by DailyMail.com on Tuesday, Mithoff’s office refused to elaborate citing a court-issued February gag order.
They also refused to disclose the monetary damages victims are suing for. It has been previously reported that around 125 people have filed civil lawsuits against Scott and concert promoter Live Nation with potential damages amounting to $750 million.
News of the recent filing comes on the heels of Travis Scott’s live performance at the E11even megaclub in Miami on Sunday, his first public show following the Astroworld tragedy.
According to attendees, Scott held a bottle of Don Julio during the performance, which featured songs Sicko Mode and Butterfly Effect and lasted 45 minutes.
‘Everybody owes me a shot. We need every stripper to report to the f****** stage right now. We need every bottle reported to this motherf****** floor,’ the rapper said while throwing cash at the crowd, BuzzFeed.com reported.
Scott is set to make his first television appearance this Sunday at the 2022 Billboard Awards.
Scott had previously performed at private events in Southern California since the Astroworld tragedy, but Sunday was his first public show.
The deadly incident took place during Scott’s performance set on the evening of Friday, November 5, in his hometown of Houston.
It spawned countless legal woes for Scott, as well as intense public backlash for his alleged handling of the deadly incident.
He was sacked as a 2022 Coachella headliner, as well as a headliner for the Day N Vegas festival last year.
After keeping a relatively low profile for six months, Scott returned to the stage on the early hours of Sunday for the first time publicly since the festival.
He performed at the 20K-square-foot nightclub E11EVEN Miami in Miami, Florida, which he expressed excitement over on his Instagram Story.
Sharing the club flyer with his massive online following, the rapper wrote: ‘Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh’
Tickets cost $150 for women and $250 for men at the 21+ Florida venue, and TMZ reported last month that VIP tables may have cost well over $100K.
It was reported that some fans paid up to $50,000 for reservations.
It was also announced last month that Scott is expected to perform at his first festival since Astroworld this coming November.
He will headline the Primavera Sound festival this coming November, and will play three shows, with New Zealand singer Lorde scheduled on the lineup before him.
The star is expected to be performing in front of crowds larger than 100,000 at the festival which will visit Brazil, Chile and Argentina.
TMZ also reports that Scott is expected to appear at more concerts over the summer of 2022.
As he continues to plot his career comeback, Scott is also focused on family life with Kylie Jenner. He and the 24-year-old makeup mogul welcomed their second child, a son, on February 2, 2022.
The couple – who have dated on-and-off since 2017 – are already parents to daughter Stormi, four.
Kylie made the birth announcement on Instagram by sharing a black and white photograph of Stormi holding her newborn brother’s tiny hand.
The Kardashians star originally revealed she was expecting in August 2021, but remained very private for the remainder of her pregnancy after Astroworld.
After unveiling their second child’s arrival, Kylie returned to Instagram soon after to reveal that they’d named their son Wolf.
But the following month, she announced publicly that their newborn was no longer called Wolf because they did not feel that the name fit him.
Though they’ve yet to announce a replacement name, the reality star recently shared a glimpse at her baby boy in a video uploaded to her YouTube channel on Wednesday.
The video, titled ‘Married to the Met | Get Ready for the Met Gala with Me, took fans along as Kylie and her team prepared for her appearance at the star-studded event, which was held Monday, May 2.
She included a brief clip of her newborn son’s feet while aboard a private jet with her famous family en route to New York City.
Look at my son’s cute shoes! He can’t eve walk yet,’ narrated Kylie as she filmed her little one wearing a pair of pint-sized Air Jordan 6 Retro sneakers in his baby carrier.