RIP: Shane Warne’s manager reveals tragic final moments

Warne died of a suspected heart attack aged just 52 in Thailand, on Friday, sending the sports world into mourning after learning of the tragedy

Warne’s management released a brief statement asking for privacy for the family after the tragedy.

“Shane was found unresponsive in his villa and despite the best efforts of medical staff, he could not be revived,” the statement reads.

“The family requests privacy at this time and will provide further details in due course.”

According to the Herald Sun, Warne’s close friend Andrew Neophitou – who was an executive producer of the documentary ‘SHANE’ – was unable to revive the former cricketer.

Warne’s manager James Erskine revealed Warne was in Thailand at the beginning of a three-month break following his work as a broadcaster during the recent Ashes series.

“I got a phone call at 10.37 last night from our guy in Melbourne called Andrew Neophitou, who was actually with Shane in Thailand,” Erskine told Fox Cricket.

“Shane had sort of decided he was going to have three months off and in fact he wanted a year off, and I said ‘there’s no way you can have a year off, they would’ve forgotten you by a year,’ so he decided to have three months off.

“They had only arrived the night before. They were going to go out for a drink at 5 o’clock, and (Neophitou) knocked on his door at 5.15pm because Warnie was always on time and said “come on you’re going to be late” and then realised something was wrong.

“And he turned him over and gave him CPR and mouth to mouth, which lasted about 20 minutes and then the ambulance came.

“They took him to the hospital, which was about a 20-minute drive and I got a phone call about 45 minutes later saying he was pronounced dead.”

Staff at the Thai International Hospital told AFP in Bangkok that Warne’s body was taken to their facility around 6:00 pm local time (1100 GMT) from Samujana Villas, a luxury resort in the northeast of Koh Samui.

↯↯↯Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media ↯↯↯