Premier Inn Guest Wins £300 Compensation After Bedbug Bites

Bedbug victim awarded £300 in compensation

A Premier Inn hotel guest has been awarded £300 in compensation after being bitten by bedbugs during her stay.

Vicky Hills, from Dunstable, Beds, noticed red bite marks on her legs after staying at the hotel in Hastings, East Sussex.

The bites spread across her body, and she was prescribed antibiotics by her GP.

She was also advised to throw out her home bedding.

The hotel refunded Ms Hills £78 for her stay, but she later received an additional £312 to cover the cost of medication, new bed linen, and bug traps.

Ms Hills told BBC’s Three Counties Radio that her legs were “incredibly itchy and painful”.

She still has scarring from the bites.

Bedbugs: A public health concern

Bedbugs are small, parasitic insects that feed on human blood.

They are typically found in mattresses, bed frames, and other areas where people sleep.

Bedbugs can spread quickly and easily, and they can be difficult to eradicate.

They can travel from one location to another on clothing, luggage, and other belongings.

Bedbug bites can cause itching, redness, and swelling.

In some cases, they can also lead to secondary infections.

Premier Inn’s response

A spokesperson for Premier Inn said: “We have processes to react to and prevent issues.

As soon as our team were aware of this complaint, the room was put on lockdown and independent experts immediately called in to resolve the issue using a specialist treatment.

“No further cases have been reported.”

Share on Facebook «||» Share on Twitter «||» Share on Reddit «||» Share on LinkedIn