Rino Tirikatene, the Parliamentary Under-Secretary, will go to Australia today in order to attend the First Peoples International Business Forum: Aotearoa New Zealand and Victoria, which takes place in Melbourne from July 11 to 12.
The Aboriginal Economic Development group (AED), Global Victoria, Department of Jobs, Precinct and Regions (DJPR), and New Zealand Trade and Enterprise (NZTE) are hosting the two-day event.
“This is an opportunity to for Māori businesses to participate in networking discussions with local Aboriginal Economic Development businesses and agencies, to explore and build shared understandings, trust and connections, and ultimately build a foundation for business opportunities” Rino Tirikatene said.
At the forum, Māori businesses will be accompanied by the Under-Secretary. In addition to introducing and concluding the event, he will speak about how reflecting on Te Tiriti o Waitangi affects New Zealand’s trade.
“Establishing these links and creating relationships between New Zealand Māori businesses with the First Peoples of Victoria is important in showing our government’s commitment to the “Trade for All” agenda, which ensures that everyone benefits from international trade.”
“The forum is a direct result of interactions from Te Aratini Global Indigenous Symposium at Expo 2020 Dubai, which has provided a platform for international indigenous collaboration.”
“This event comes at a relevant time following the recent Australia New Zealand Leadership Forum (ANZLF), where there was productive engagement between indigenous businesses and leaders in Sydney” Under-Secretary Tirikatene says.
↯↯↯Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media ↯↯↯
Also On TDPel Media
- Road to the Rugby World Cup: Springboks’ Fullback Options
- Twitter is now doubting Minnie Dlamini’s acting credentials
- Kenya Barris was served papers at the ‘You People’ premiere by his own sister
- Dollar stagnates as traders evaluate Fed views prior to CPI
- Death toll from earthquakes surpasses 17,000 as rescue chances diminish
- Chrishell Stause receives surgery to remove an ovarian cyst from her body
- Security guard commits himself by shooting himself in Hillbrow police station
- ICYMI: Orlando Pirates skipper SUSPENDED – report
- Evangeline Lilly says Jeremy Renner is wheelchair-bound: ‘Miracle
- Burna Boy is still angry over his Grammy snub, and he disparages Zakes Bantwini