Additionally, Kaizer Chiefs are in the top three but there is obvious evidence that the current squad is just not at the levels of Mamelodi Sundowns and Orlando Pirates.
The club has also confirmed their plans to reduce the average age in the squad come the end of the season and 2023.
We therefore expect Amakhosi to have an aggressive transfer window as of June 30.
But who should Kaizer Chiefs be expected to sign in the PSL?
- Victor Letsoalo (28), striker, Royal AM: 11 goals
- Bienvenu Eva Nga (29), striker, Chippa: Nine goals
- Ndabayithethwa Ndlondlo (26), attacking midfield, Marumo Gallants: Seven goals
- Chibuike Ohizu (25), striker, Chippa: Seven goals
- Ashley du Preez (24), forward, Stellenbosch: Six goals.
So which of these players can we bet will end up at the Kaizer Chiefs Naturena village by July? Is Letsoalo meant for the Glamour Boys or will he be snatched by the likes of Orlando Pirates and Mamelodi Sundowns?
AMAKHOSI STILL AFTER SEKHUKHUNE UNITED CAPTAIN
If anyone has been following Amakhosi over the past year or two, they should be aware of the club’s interest in Yusuf Maart.
The club was expected to sign the 26-year-old midfielder last season, but his club Sekhukhune United were determined to keep their number six.
With the next transfer window coming up, and with the likes of Phathutshedzo Nange and Cole Alexandra not sparkling for Kaizer Chiefs so far, Maart is still wanted.