Family’s Dream Greece Holiday Takes a Nightmarish Turn
A family’s long-awaited dream holiday to Greece turned into a nightmarish ordeal when they contracted rashes, ear infections, and even worms due to unsanitary conditions at their resort.
Rebecca Price, a 41-year-old mother from Bristol, embarked on this holiday with her husband and three children in search of relaxation and fun but was greeted with disappointment due to unclean facilities.
High Expectations Shattered
Rebecca had booked their 11-night stay at the four-star Evita Resort in Faliraki, Rhodes, through easyJet for just over £4,000.
She had high expectations of exquisite food and beautiful surroundings.
However, upon arrival, they were confronted with the shocking state of the resort.
An Unsanitary Oasis
Their grim discoveries included a pool that appeared “green and murky,” allowing Rebecca to write in the dirt at the bottom of it.
The accommodations were infested with ants, lacked shower doors, and suffered from inadequate facilities, such as periods of no running water in the bathrooms.
Despite its four-star rating, the hotel’s waterpark section was closed, and the food and drink options were subpar.
Health Issues Arise
The unsanitary conditions began taking a toll on the family’s health. Rebecca’s son developed a rapidly expanding rash on his back, likely triggered by their surroundings.
Another family member contracted worms, which Rebecca attributed to the lack of handwashing facilities due to intermittent running water.
Frustrations and Complaints
Rebecca repeatedly complained to the resort staff about the pool’s condition but was met with dismissive excuses, including claims that the green water was due to tree shadows and sap.
However, armed with photographic evidence of the pool’s deplorable state, Rebecca confronted the manager, leading to an apology and promises of an investigation.
Chlorine Overload and Prolonged Stay
In an attempt to rectify the situation, the resort called in a cleaning service to pour “horrendous amounts of chlorine” into the pool, inadvertently bleaching guests’ swimwear.
Meanwhile, Rebecca’s son’s rash worsened, and he developed an ear infection.
Doctors advised against flying, forcing the family to endure an additional two days at the resort before returning to Bristol Airport.
Unsatisfactory Response from EasyJet
Throughout the ordeal, Rebecca also reached out to easyJet, but she was told that they were too busy to address her concerns and that she should be grateful for having a place to stay.
A Stressful and Devastating Experience
Rebecca and her family were devastated by the turn of events, particularly the unexpected extension of their stay due to her son’s illness.
Despite their complaints spanning 11 days, they felt brushed off by the hotel staff.
Evita Resort and easyJet have been contacted for their comments on the matter but have not provided statements at this time.
Related News on TDPel Media:
The head of a family-operated cheesemaker, at the heart of an E.coli outbreak resulting in one fatality and 30 illnesses, attributes the incident to an unforeseen new variant, describing it as a ‘nightmare’ and predicting a transformative impact on the dairy industry E.coli Outbreak Traced to Lancashire Cheesemaker Amidst an E.coli outbreak in the UK, Mrs Kirkham’s Lancashire Cheese, a family-run business near Preston, has been implicated...
After Commissioning Rs. 500 cr worth Contracts, Smartworld Developers to Cumulatively Award Rs. 1200 cr worth Contracts in 90 Days Smartworld Developers is set to change the face of Indian realty The company is looking at Rs. 1200 cr worth contracts being awarded for its...
Dream Holiday Turns Tragic: British Woman Paralysed in Cape Verde Faces £48,000 Medical Bills A British woman, Charline Edwards, has experienced a nightmarish twist during what was supposed to be her dream holiday in Cape Verde. A freak accident...
Studies show that ultra-processed foods raise the risk of cardiovascular illnesses. Two recent studies have highlighted that the foods commonly consumed in the traditional British diet could pose a greater risk for fatal cardiovascular diseases. These...
Holiday Nightmare: Undiagnosed Pneumonia Leads to Life-Threatening Fall from Hotel Balcony …By Judah Olanisebee for TDPel Media. British Man Fights for Life After Falling from Hotel Balcony: Undiagnosed Pneumonia Blamed Advertisement Dan Boyle, a 31-year-old British...
The Holiday Nightmare: Britons Struggle in the Mediterranean Heatwave …By Henry George for TDPel Media. Steph Anne, a 40-year-old lawyer from Putney, was anticipating the trip of a lifetime when she arrived in Cyprus...
Holiday Nightmare: Young Women Denied Boarding and Faced With Unexpected Charges A group of young women’s much-anticipated holiday in Magaluf turned into a nightmare when they were refused boarding by Ryanair on their way back home....
Fan’s Dream Meeting Turns Nightmarish as Wizkid Delivers Unexpected Slap During Selfie Attempt Wizkid’s Slap Shocks Hardcore Fan: Overzealous Selfie Attempt Ends in Painful EncounterIn a surprising turn of events, a devoted Wizkid fan experienced heartbreak when his...
City Tycoon’s £13.5 Million Seaside Dream Turns Nightmarish as Planners Reject Demolition Plans for ‘World’s Most Expensive Bungalow City Tycoon’s Seaside Property Conundrum: Tom Glanfield, a prominent city head-hunting tycoon, finds himself in a predicament after local planners reject his £13.5 million proposal...
Former Disney Star Brock Pierce Accuses Family Friend of Stealing $18.3 Million Puerto Rico Resort Brock Pierce’s $80 Million Lawsuit Against Alleged Resort Heist Former Disney child actor turned crypto-billionaire, Brock Pierce, has initiated a legal battle against family friend...