…By Jack Sylva for TDPel Media.
Efforts are currently underway to clean up the podium where the inauguration of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu as the new President of Nigeria is scheduled to take place.
The heavy rainfall on Monday, May 29, 2023, had caused significant mess and necessitated the cleanup.
Inauguration of Bola Tinubu and Kashim Shettima
Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, the former Lagos governor and Vice-President-elect, will be inaugurated as the new President during the event.
Kashim Shettima, the Vice-President-elect, will also be inaugurated at the same ceremony.
Cleanup After Heavy Rainfall
Following the heavy downpour, individuals were observed engaged in cleaning up the podium and addressing the aftermath caused by the heavy rainfall on Monday morning.
Programme for Tinubu’s Inauguration Revealed
The programme for the inauguration of Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Nigeria’s 16th democratically elected President, has been disclosed.
The inauguration will take place at the Eagle Square in Abuja.
Programme Outline for the Inauguration
The following is the sequence of events outlined for the swearing-in of the new President and Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria on May 29, 2023:
1. Invited dignitaries take their seats at Eagle Square.
2. The President-elect and Vice President-elect arrive.
3. Outgoing President and Vice President arrive.
4. Outgoing Vice President receives his final salute.
5. Outgoing President receives his final salute.
6. Outgoing President’s Aide-de-Camp (ADC) hands over old military colors to the outgoing President.
7. Prayers are offered.
8. Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN) administers the oath of office to the new Vice President.
9. CJN administers the oath of office to the new President and Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
10. Immediate past President hands over new colors to the new President and instrument of office.
11. Former President departs for Nnamdi Azikwe International Airport en route to Katsina, using a different vehicle from the one that brought him to the venue.
12. Outgoing President departs for Katsina for the last time.
13. The new President takes his first salute and inspects the Guards of Honor.
14. The new President addresses the nation for the first time as President and Commander in Chief of the Nigerian Armed Forces.
15. The President travels to the Villa, using the official vehicle that brought the outgoing President to the venue.
16. The new President hosts visiting Presidents, Heads of State, heads of delegation, ambassadors, development partners, former ministers, and members of the National Assembly, especially.
17. In the evening, a state banquet will be held to celebrate the new President.
18. Work commences on May 30, 2023.
As the preparations continue, all eyes are on the forthcoming inauguration of Bola Tinubu as the new President of Nigeria.