A 17-year-old become the eighth person arrested on charges of murdering a Melbourne teenager in March

a 17-year-old has been charged with murder in connection with the march death of a melbourne teenager.

wednesday morning, homicide squad detectives detained the teen at melbourne airport and charged him with murder.

on wednesday shortly before 1 p.m., the boy briefly appeared in a children’s court where he was officially charged with murder.

on march 13, 16-year-old declan cutler was tragically beaten and stabbed on a residential area 12 kilometres north of melbourne’s central business district.

just before 2:30 a.m., emergency personnel were sent to elizabeth street after receiving allegations of an attack.

declan was treated by paramedics and police, but he died at the site despite their efforts.

authorities have characterized the 16-year-old’s murder as “one of the most vicious and brutal attacks” they have ever seen.

earlier this week, victoria’s chief police commissioner shane patton called the suspected murder as a “horrendous attack.”

the eight teenagers reportedly trailed declan in a dark sedan after he left a coburg north party after an altercation.

the boy is said to have been assaulted after being separated from his friends, with police claiming he tripped and fell after being grabbed from behind.

in a written statement submitted to a children’s court in march, homicide squad detective senior constable brendan stack stated, “all eight offenders proceeded to stomp, kick, punch, and stab the deceased.”

it took victoria police just ten days to file charges against six accused murderers.

a 17-year-old boy from taylors hill, a 17-year-old boy from tarneit, a 15-year-old boy from hoppers crossing, a 16-year-old boy from yarraville, a 14-year-old boy from meadow heights, and a 13-year-old boy from meadow heights have all been charged with murder.

in april, another teen, a 17-year-old boy, was also charged with murder.

tuesday, prosecutors informed a children’s court that dna evidence, cctv video, and fingerprint analysis will be presented as evidence.

in october, the court will hold a disputed committal hearing for the teenager’s seven co-defendants.

the 17-year-old did not request bail and was kept in jail until his september 13 court appearance.

many veteran police officers, according to assistant commissioner bob hill, saw the ‘profoundly  violent attack’ as one of the most severe they had ever seen.

‘it’s every parent’s worst nightmare, having their teenage child leave the house for a night out with friends and never returning, however this is exactly what happened on this occasion,’ mr hill said.

‘the senseless nature of this incident should not be lost on anyone – i know it has impacted our police.’

in march, declan’s mother sam told 7news she felt ‘broken’ and and called for those responsible to be held accountable.

‘his whole face just lit up my day – everything about him, his cheeky little ways,’ she said. ‘he was a very caring, loving and easy going person.’

declan leaves behind his mom and dad and four younger siblings.

↯↯↯Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media ↯↯↯

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.