13-Year-Old Boy Pleads Guilty to Violent Disorder in Liverpool Court Appearance

13-Year-Old Boy Pleads Guilty to Violent Disorder in Liverpool Court Appearance

A 13-year-old boy was more than three hours late for his court appearance at Liverpool Magistrates’ Court, claiming he was still in bed.


The boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was charged in connection to the violent disorder that occurred outside the Suites Hotel in Kirkby, Merseyside, following a protest sparked by rumors on social media about alleged incidents involving asylum seekers.

The disorder involved clashes with the police, resulting in the destruction of police vehicles and the theft of equipment.

Late Arrival and Guilty Plea:

On the scheduled court date, the 13-year-old boy eventually appeared and pleaded guilty to the charge of violent disorder.

Prosecuting attorney Jenna Cooney presented video evidence showing the boy throwing stones and rocks at a police van, as well as launching missiles at officers during the violent clashes.


Mitigating Circumstances:

The boy’s defense attorney, Graeme Halliwell, highlighted that his client had no prior involvement with the police or courts.

He explained that the boy’s lateness was due to his mother’s phone alarms failing to go off, leading them to take a taxi to court.

Halliwell also stated that the boy’s involvement in the incident was influenced by others, without providing further details.

Judge’s Reprimand:

District Judge James Hatton expressed concern over the boy’s behavior and questioned why he was out late at night during the incident, as he was only 12 years old at the time.

He emphasized the need for parents to take responsibility for knowing their children’s whereabouts and ensuring they associate with trustworthy individuals.


The judge chastised the boy for blindly following the crowd and not thinking for himself during the events.

Court Decisions and Next Steps:

Judge Hatton sentenced the 13-year-old boy to a nine-month referral order at Liverpool Youth Court, along with a requirement to pay court costs.

The judge warned the teenager that any breach of the court’s conditions, even if related to lateness due to alarms not going off, would result in further punishment.

Additionally, a 16-year-old boy also pleaded guilty to violent disorder and received a 12-month referral order with court costs.

The case of a 17-year-old boy, who pleaded not guilty to the charge, was sent to Liverpool Crown Court for a hearing on August 4.


Charges and Court Hearings for Other Defendants:

Several adults faced charges of violent disorder related to the same incident.

Brian McPadden, Cheryl Nicholls, Jennifer Knox, and Nicola Elliott all pleaded not guilty, and their cases were sent to Liverpool Crown Court for a hearing on August 4.

Daniel Fulham, aged 38, pleaded guilty to the charge of violent disorder and will also be sentenced at Liverpool Crown Court on the same date.


Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media

TDPel Media

This article was published on TDPel Media. Thanks for reading!

Share on Facebook «||» Share on Twitter «||» Share on Reddit «||» Share on LinkedIn

Advertisement: Download Vital Signs App (VS App)