Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the National Diploma (ND) and (HND) programme, (full-time) of the School of Health Information Management for the 2022/2023 session.
Duration of Course: Two (2) calendar years commencing from October 2022 (Full-Time Programme).
Accommodation: The course is non-residential. However, there is limited accommodation on a first come first serve basis.
Admission Requirements for ND Programmes
- Applicants must have sat for the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) conducted in year 2022. The minimum score will be determined by the School.
- In addition to 2022 UTME which requires any three subjects from English, Mathematics, Biology, Physics/ Chemistry and any other One (1) Subject.
- Candidates should also possess the West African School Certificate/General Certificate of Education/SSCE/NABTEB/NECO with 5 passes at credit level in five (5) papers obtained at not more than two (2) sittings. The papers must include English Language, Mathematics, Biology/Health Sciences, Chemistry/Physics and any other 1 subject from Economics, Government, Geography, Religious Knowledge and any Nigerian language.
UITH SHIM Admission Requirements for HND Programmes
- Applicant must meet the requirement for National Diploma Admission and possess National Diploma Certificate or Health Records Technician Certificate.
- Candidates with ND certificates in Health Information Management must have evidence of one year industrial training and should possess professional license certificate by the Health Records Officers Registration Board of Nigeria (HRORBN).
- Candidates should also posses the West African School Certificate/General Certificate of Education/SSCE/NABTEB/NECO with 5 passes at credit level in five (5) papers obtained at not more than two (2) sittings
- These papers must include English Language, Mathematics, Biology/ Health Sciences, Chemistry/Physics and any other 1 subject from Economics, Government, Geography, Religious Knowledge and any Nigerian language.
How to Apply for UITH School of Health Information Management Admission Form
The Application forms are to be filled from the University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital website (www.uithilorin.org.ng) pay seven thousand naira (N7,000.00) non-refundable fee into University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital Account with the CBN through CBN e-payment gateway REMITA.
- All the data and scanned uploads (e.g Certificates, Remita reciept e.t.c) on the form fields MUST be supplied correctly as required for your form to be processed.
- Payment MUST be made first before proceeding to the form page
- To make payment Log on to www.remita.net
- Click on Pay FGN and State TSA
- Select and click FGN Federal Government of Nigeria
- Type University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital on whom do you want to pay
- Select UITH GENERAL PURPOSE on Name of Service/Purpose
- Fill in the necessary information and make your payment.
- For enquiry on payment issue, please contact: 08038676515, For Technical Support Contact email@example.com
- After payment is made through the Remita Platform, you can now proceed with your registration by filling the online SHIM FORM with the Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) Number generated with the payment made.
- Click APPLY NOW below, then it will redirect to the interface where you will be asked to enter a VALID personal E-mail address.
- A confirmation link will be sent to the E-mail you provided during the E-mail registration.
- Login into your E-mail account by opening a new Tab in the same browser already opened.
- Click on the link sent to your E-mail by noreply@uithilorin.
- The SHIM application form will be made available for you to fill and submit.
- Select the appropriate programme you wish to apply for in the drop down menu.
- Fill every other field on the form as required.
- After submission wait for 2 seconds as you will be directed to print or download the filled form.
- NOTE: You are to bring the online printout after submission on the day of exam/interview.
Other Relevant Information
- Candidate should please note that late completion and submission of forms will not be entertained.
- Any candidate with blurred or unclear passport photograph on the form will not be admitted for the screening exercise as the photograph will be used as a means of identification.
- Any candidate who fails to present himself or herself for the screening exercise as scheduled will not be considered for admission.
- Applicants are advised to attend the exercise with the summary page from their application forms as well as their writing materials.
- The use of GSM and other electronic devices will NOT be allowed during the screening exercise.
- Photocopies of relevant documents must be clear and legible
- Evidence of change of names where applicable, must be attached to the application form.
UITH SHIM Admission Form Closing Date, Entrance Exam & Other Important Details for OND Programmes
CLOSING DATE: All application forms should be completed online on or before Friday 30th September, 2022
- Written examination: Tuesday, 18th October, 2022
- Oral interview: Wednesday, 19th October, 2022.
VENUE: University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital School Complex (Former Maternity Hospital), Amilegbe, Ilorin.
UITH SHIM Admission Form Closing Date, Entrance Exam & Other Important Details for HND Programmes
CLOSING DATE: All application forms should be completed online on or before Friday 16th September, 2022.
- Written Examination : Tuesday 27th September, 2022
- Screening/Interview:- Wednesday 28th September, 2022
Venue:-University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital School Complex (Former Maternity Hospital), Amilegbe, Ilorin.
For further information please contact the following G.S.M. Nos: 08033850764 (Registrar), 08135910667 (School Coordinator)