…By Henry George for TDPel Media.
Tom Cruise, the well-known actor and prominent member of the Church of Scientology, is reportedly interested in working with zookeeper Robert Irwin, son of the late Steve Irwin, in a television project.
The pair met at the Sydney premiere of Cruise’s film Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning Part One, where Cruise was impressed by Irwin’s resemblance to his father.
However, sources indicate that Cruise’s interest lies in collaborating with Irwin on a TV streaming venture rather than recruiting him for Scientology.
Scientology is a religious movement founded by L. Ron Hubbard in the early 1950s.
The Church of Scientology, the primary organization associated with the movement, promotes a set of beliefs and practices developed by Hubbard.
According to these teachings, individuals are spiritual beings called “thetans” separate from their bodies, with past lives and negative experiences known as “engrams” that affect their present lives.
Scientology aims to help individuals rid themselves of these engrams through a process called “auditing,” which involves counseling sessions.
Prominent Celebrity Followers of Scientology:
1. Tom Cruise: Cruise is one of the most well-known followers and vocal advocates of the Church of Scientology.
He became associated with the movement through his first wife, Mimi Rogers.
2. John Travolta: Travolta joined the Church of Scientology in 1975 and is considered one of its most successful members.
Recent reports suggest that his relationship with the church may be changing.
3. Elisabeth Moss: Moss, known for her role in The Handmaid’s Tale, was raised as a Scientologist and attributes her communication skills to the teachings of Scientology.
4. Anne Archer: Archer, an actress nominated for an Oscar in 1988, has a notable association with Scientology, partly through her son Tommy Davis, a former spokesperson and executive leader for the church.
5. Riley Keough: Keough, granddaughter of Elvis Presley, comes from a family with strong ties to Scientology.
However, her mother, Lisa Marie Presley, reportedly left the religion in 2014, expressing concerns about its impact on her well-being.
Tom Cruise’s interest in collaborating with Robert Irwin on a TV project highlights his desire to explore new ventures beyond Scientology.
While Cruise remains a prominent figure within the Church of Scientology, his focus in this case appears to be on the potential of working with Irwin, who has garnered attention for his resemblance to his late father and his work as a zookeeper.