The ACOP, which was adopted in 2004, is a method used by the SSS to verify that rightful pensioners receive benefits in conformity with the Social Security Law.
All pensioners who have not yet completed the ACOP for the calendar year 2021 must do so by March 31, 2022, or face penalties.
Retirement pensioners residing in the Philippines, on the other hand, are no longer required to do the ACOP effective October 30, 2017, but they are subject to other verification processes, if applicable.
The ACOP was suspended from March 2020 until September 2021 in view of the pandemic situation in the country.
“For over one and a half years, we have continuously granted our pensioners their respective pensions without the corresponding reporting under the ACOP since they are high-risk individuals to the virus. We have then resumed the implementation of this program last October 1, 2021, and to make up for the suspension period, we have given all covered pensioners, except those who already complied for CY 2021, a period of six (6) months or until March 31, 2022, to submit their compliance through online and alternative methods that are designed for their safety and convenience,” SSS President and CEO Aurora C. Ignacio said.
If the said pensioners fail to comply, the SSS will temporarily suspend their pensions starting with their May 2022 pensions.
“Starting April 1, 2022, we will follow the usual schedule of compliance for the program, wherein retirement pensioners residing abroad, and total disability pensioners must comply on their birth month; survivor pensioners must comply within the birth month of the deceased member; while dependents and guardians must comply on the birth month of the member or deceased member, whichever is applicable. Non-compliance to this will also lead to the temporary suspension of their pensions,” Ignacio explained.
Covered pensioners may also submit their compliance within six (6) months before their schedule, which will be considered as early compliance.
Currently, covered pensioners can course their ACOP compliance through the following methods:
- By sending required documents to the corporate email of the nearest SSS branch (if residing in the Philippines) or foreign office (if residing abroad) using “ACOP Compliance” followed by their name as email subject – for survivor pensioners, retirement pensioners residing abroad, total disability pensioners residing abroad, dependents, and guardians.
- By sending required documents through mail or courier to the nearest SSS branch (if residing in the Philippines), or foreign office or OFW-Contact Services Section (if residing abroad) – for survivor pensioners, retirement pensioners residing abroad, dependents, and guardians.
- By submitting the required documents through drop box at the nearest SSS branch – for survivor pensioners and total disability pensioners residing in the Philippines.
- By sending a written request for home visit to the SSS through the email, drop box, or mail of the Medical Services Section of the nearest SSS branch – for total disability pensioners residing in the Philippines.
- By requesting for an appointment with the SSS for video conference using MS Teams through email at firstname.lastname@example.org – for pensioners, dependents, and guardians residing abroad except for total disability pensioners.
The establishment of the said methods is part of the SSS’ continuing compliance with the Inter-Agency Task Force Resolution No. 100, which mandates the adoption of alternative modes of validation for senior citizen pensioners in lieu of personal appearances or submission of documents that require personal appearances before a notary public.
The list of documentary requirements and other information about the said methods of compliance with the ACOP is available at https://bit.ly/SSSCI2021-010, sample photos can also be found at https://bit.ly/ACOPCompliance.
The e-mail and location of SSS branches including its foreign offices can be accessed in the directory on the SSS website at https://bit.ly/SSSDirectory.
For more information, visit the uSSSap Tayo Portal at https://crms.sss.gov.ph, follow “Philippine Social Security System – SSS” on Facebook, “mysssph” on Instagram or YouTube, “PHLSSS” on Twitter, or join the SSS’ Viber Community at “MYSSSPH Updates.”