Some foreign-owned shops remain closed in Durban amid Operation Dudula

Despite the inability of Operation Dudula to begin operations in KwaZulu-Natal on Saturday, many foreign-owned businesses in Durban have stayed closed.

The organizers of Dudula were unable to obtain authorization to hold the event at Gugu Dlamini Park.

Over the last few weeks, supporters of Operation Dudula have been protesting against illegal immigration and drug dens in Gauteng.

Following the announcement of the long-awaited launch, police in Durban remained on high alert.

KwaZulu-Natal coordinator of Operation Dudula, Mfanafuthi Dumakude, says they were forced to postpone their launch after police said they couldn’t deal with them due to a lack of capacity.

Dumakude says, “We are against the dealing of drugs, especially by the illegal immigrants that is  being conducted all over South Africa.”

“We are seeing it, young people of South Africa are now addicted to drugs, some of them are being forced to turn into prostitutes they are being fed with drugs and then from thereafter they are being turned into prostitutes. We do not agree with that particular conduct of the foreigners.”

Dobsonville

Meanwhile, last week, there is chaos outside the Dobsonville police station as Members of the Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) gathered to assist an elderly man who claims to have been assaulted by the members of Operation Dudula.

The group has been protesting against illegal immigrants and drug dens in the areas over the past few weeks.

EFF members carrying golf clubs and pangas are demonstrating, while metres away members of Operation Dudula have also gathered in response.

↯↯↯Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media ↯↯↯