…By Joseph Benjamin for TDPel Media.
The recent meeting between President Bola Ahmed Tinubu and his estranged political godson and former Lagos State Governor, Akinwunmi Ambode, has sparked diverse reactions online.
The encounter took place at a reception organized in President Tinubu’s honor by Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu at the Lagos State House, Marina.
The event was attended by state governors, former governors, members of the National Assembly, and other politicians.
A History of Political Fallout:
The relationship between Tinubu and Ambode had soured during the lead-up to the 2019 general elections when Tinubu withdrew his support for Ambode’s re-election bid and endorsed Sanwo-Olu as the candidate for the All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship ticket.
Following their meeting, social media users took to Twitter to express their thoughts on the development.
Some of the reactions ranged from praising Ambode’s tenure as governor to suggesting potential roles for him in the government.
Others expressed disappointment in the current state of Lagos under Sanwo-Olu’s administration.
Several Twitter users shared their opinions on the meeting and its implications:
– @MartinsAdedeji3 expressed gratitude that Ambode didn’t listen to those who encouraged him to fight and contest under a different party.
– @itsbhadoskii commended both Tinubu and Ambode, considering President Tinubu as the most successful among the 1999 governors.
– @donadex02 requested that President Tinubu offer Ambode a job, recognizing his competence.
– @SheethJamaal hoped that lessons were learned from the situation and shared appreciation for Ambode as a person while disliking his politics.
– @OmosebiOlu98236 regarded Ambode as the best governor of Lagos after Fashola, expressing personal opinion.
– @Archimeokey expressed a wish for President Tinubu to nominate Ambode for a ministerial position, specifically Minister of Interior.
– @Itz_franking1 criticized the current governor for allegedly undoing the progress made by Ambode during his tenure.
– @unclebobby86 praised Ambode for his contributions to building Lagos, appreciating the benefits enjoyed today.
– @Holywood1963 shared enthusiasm about the meeting and expressed hope for progress and development in Nigeria.
The meeting between President Tinubu and former Governor Ambode triggered a range of reactions on social media platforms, with individuals expressing diverse opinions about the encounter and reflecting on Ambode’s time as governor.
The online discussions highlighted various perspectives on the political dynamics in Lagos State.
Share on Facebook «||» Share on Twitter «||» Share on Reddit «||» Share on LinkedIn