According to police spokesperson Sergeant Omphile Masegela, 60-year-old Jackie “Bad Boy /Ou Kaai” Adams went missing in Louisvaleweg.
“Jackie was last seen by his nephew at their residence on the evening of Monday, 10 January 2022 when he went to sleep.
“The following morning, he was not in his room, and since then, they cannot find him. He was wearing a pair of blue jeans and an overall orange jacket,” Masegela said.
Anyone with information can contact the investigating officer Captain Christa Kruger on 076 022 3528/ 054 337 3435.
Police are also looking for 30-year-old Sharleen Julies.
Masegela said Sharleen was last seen in Upington on 11 September 2021 when she took a lift in an unknown vehicle going in the direction of Olifanthshoek.
Anyone with information can contact the investigating officer Sergeant Jacques Willemse on 0640841704.
The public is reminded that there is no waiting period to report any person missing. Immediate reporting to police can save a life.
When a person goes missing, it is of the utmost importance for the SAPS to fulfill our mandate to serve and protect the citizens of South Africa.
It is essential to take steps and start the investigation into a missing person’s case immediately.
You can assist the SAPS when reporting a missing person by following these steps:
Report a missing person at your nearest police station immediately.
- Produce a recent photograph of the missing person, if possible.
- Give a complete description of the missing person’s last whereabouts, clothes that they were wearing, as well as any information that can assist the investigating officer.
- Complete and sign a SAPS 55(A) form. This form safeguards the SAPS from hoax reports and indemnifies the SAPS to distribute the photograph and information of the missing person.
- Obtain the investigating officer’s contact details, and send any additional information that might become available.
- If a missing person is found or returns voluntarily, inform the investigating officer immediately. A SAPS 92 form must be completed to inform the Bureau of Missing Persons that the missing person’s report can be removed from the circulation system.