The Brazilian football legend Pele was transferred back to an intensive care unit in Sao Paulo on Friday after suffering breathing difficulties but is now stable, according to Albert Einstein Hospital, where he underwent surgery earlier this month.
READ ALSO: Pele ready to leave ICU after tumor surgery
Shortly after the ex-footballer post a message on social media stating, “Friends, I am still recovering very well.
Today I received visits from family and still smiling everyday”.
The transfer was a temporary “preventative measure,” the hospital said, adding that Pele all-time record scorer was later transferred to “semi-intensive care” as he continues to recover from surgery for a suspected colon tumor.
“He is currently stable from a cardiovascular and respiratory point of view,” it added.
“This is the normal recovery scenario for a man his age.
After an operation like this, sometimes you take two steps forward, one step back,” Nascimento wrote on Instagram next to the photo.
“Yesterday he was tired and he took a step back.
Today, he has taken two steps forward,” she added.
“He is recovering well, under normal conditions, I promise!” Nascimento added.
“There is a lot of angst in the world these days and we don’t want to add to it.
A statement released by the hospital read, “Edson Arantes do Nascimento (Pele) presentedbrief respiratory instability at dawn on September 17 and as a preventive measure, he was transferred to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) after stabilization of the condition the patient was transferred to semi-intensive care”
He is stable at the moment from cardiovascular and respiratory point of view and still recovering from the abdominal postoperative period.
” statement added
Pele, who was said to have undergone surgery on the 6 of September for a suspectecd colon tumor originally left the Icu on Tuesday, telling fans on social media that he feeling happier by the day was looking forward to reuniting with them.
The suspected tumor was detected during routine tests, according to the hospital where pele has been undergoing treatment since August 31.
Pele’s daughter, Kely Nascimento, also posted a photo of herself next to her father in the hospital, seeking to cheer up his fans
Oluchi Okwuego/ Punch
Pele brief back in ICU, but ‘stable’ now hospital reported