Over the last several years, Makhadzi’s music career has risen astronomically both domestically and internationally.
She recently visited Botswana, where she performed her “One Woman Show” for over 26 000 spectators. Prior to that, she was busy with a five-stop tour of Canada and Europe.
During the weekend, she also had a performance at the 28th South African Music Awards, but it did not go as well for her.
The “MaGear” hitmaker rushed to Twitter to reveal some of the technological issues she faced across at SA’s major music awards in a now-deleted tweet that tweeps were quick to capture beforehand.
“I practised with a smartphone at the stage to acquire my choreography,” she wrote.
I requested the cameramen to practise with me so they could see my movements, but no one paid attention.
I requested smokes and fireworks, which were never provided despite their promises. (sic)”
She still felt she blew her performance despite all the difficulties.
But I still reign like a queen, she said.
She said in another post: “The prize I received was my ancestors’ blessing; I am certain the individual who altered my name will be dismissed tomorrow.
“I no longer desire summer awards; instead, I want to create songs for YouTube so that my followers may purchase data and support me unreservedly.”
All the “challenges” she endured have raised suspicion among her admirers and followers, and some of them think it was intentional.
So we’re going to keep silent as the Sama’s sabotage Makhadzi, @g mapaya quipped? SAMA28 did something terrible there. Don’t interfere with Makhadzi’s sound; let her shine. #SAMA28.”
↯↯↯Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media ↯↯↯
Also On TDPel Media
- For the love of music: How Spotify’s 100 Best African Love Songs playlist was built.
- RHONairobi to be premiere on Showmax
- Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones’ son, Dylan, makes rare appearance
- Ice-T mocks a Grammys guest who is observing Coco Austin: “Completely understand”
- Chris Brown apologizes to Robert Glasper and attributes his Grammys loss to the Academy
- Will Smith was scheduled to sing at the Grammys 2023 hip-hop tribute, according to Questlove
- After boycott, Jay-Z lights-up Grammys 2023 with 8-minute performance
- Grammys 2023: Here’s what you missed on television
- Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson exhibits damage following ‘survivor’ mom’s frightening automobile crash
- Heather Gay alleges a “smoking gun” led to Jen Shah’s guilty plea on “RHOSLC.”