* A Russian delegation has landed in Istanbul ahead of talks with Ukrainian negotiators.
* The UN is launching an immediate effort to explore possible arrangements for a humanitarian cease-fire in Ukraine.
* Russia is shifting focus to try to grind Ukraine’s army in the east.
* UK Defence officials say Russian forces have made no significant progress in the past 24 hours amid continuing supply problems and aggressive resistance.
* Heavy fighting continues around Mariupol as Russian forces try to capture the port on the Sea of Azov
* The Kremlin says it will carefully follow the rhetoric of US President Joe Biden after his comment that Russian President Vladimir Putin can not remain in power.