...By Pelumi Emmanuel for TDPel Media.
Technology has changed how recruiters attract and engage with talents. Here are four ways you can use recruitment technology to enhance your hiring process.
It is not a secret that technology has made the hiring process ten times easier and more efficient in the last few years. And it is continuing to mark its legacy.
From shortlisting applicants, background checks, sending out job offers, etc.,- whether you are running a four-man show or have a whole team at your back, having a #Rectech stack is a must to structure your hiring process.
With a robust recruiting software at your disposal, you can:
Automate Your Hiring Process From Start to End
AI and automation have become buzzwords in the recruitment industry. Almost every recruiter uses it to streamline and centralize their hiring process.
And why not? It offers so many benefits, like:
- It increases productivity by streamlining most of the administrative tasks.
- It can improve the quality of your hiring efforts through predictive analysis and data-driven results.
- It enhances the candidate experience by quickening the response rate.
- It supports biased-free hiring.
- It reduces the time to hire by 40% and many more.
An applicant tracking system can automate almost every hiring stage, from posting the job description to gathering e-signatures. Here is a quick overview:
- Job Advertising: ATS can help you automate your job advertising process and reduce the cost per applicant by 30%
- Applicant Tracking: It can collect information and track the candidates by analyzing their search history, thus, matching them with suitable employers.
- Social Recruiting: Social media has become part of everyone’s daily life. Similar is the case with recruiters and job seekers. Automating social media posts and launching recruiting campaigns can help you build a robust online presence.
- Screening: ATS and recruiting tools like resume parsers can help you screen out unqualified CVs and increase overall efficiency. Also, screening tools grade candidates based on their responses in pre-assessment tests that recruiters can further use to select candidates for the next hiring stage.
- Interview scheduling: Hiring software allows candidates to self-schedule their interviews and notify recruiters or other interviewing panels after matching the time with their availability.
Enhance Employer Branding
Recruitment technology can be crucial in improving your employer branding, which refers to how potential candidates and employees perceive you as an employer.
Here is everything ai recruiting software can do to enhance your brand recognition:
- Enhance your online presence: Recruitment technology can help businesses improve their online presence, which is critical in attracting top talent. For instance, you can integrate your ATS with social media platforms like LinkedIn to promote your job openings and create a positive brand image. This will help you with your brand’s visibility, credibility, and EVP.
- Personalize candidate experience: A good candidate experience goes a long way toward building a positive employer brand. Companies can use recruitment technology to send personalized emails to candidates, thank them for applying, and update them on the status of their applications. Such communication can create a sense of value and importance for the candidate and help them feel more engaged and interested in the position.
- Streamline your application process: Did you know most candidates drop their job application midway due to its length and monotonicity? Recruiting software can simplify your application process and make it more user-friendly. This can reduce frustration and increase the likelihood of candidates completing the application process, hence improving your employer branding.
- Showcase your culture and values: Recruitment technology allows companies to use AR/VR to create virtual office tours, showcasing their work environment, facilities, and amenities. By doing so, potential candidates can glimpse your company’s culture and values and determine if it aligns with their expectations.
- Leverage data analytics: With ATS, businesses can leverage data analytics to track and analyze the effectiveness of their recruitment campaigns. This helps them identify areas that need improvement, optimize their recruitment strategies, and make informed decisions, eventually improving their employer branding.
All these factors can help you build a positive employer brand, attract top talent, and create a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
Evaluate Remote Candidate Using Video Interviews
Thanks to businesses adapting remote-work arrangements, video interviews have become the norm. Companies are using virtual platforms like Skype, Zoom, and Google Meet to connect with “global” candidates.
The best part is most high-end ATSs enable recruiters to schedule and conduct interviews from within the platform, saving time and ensuring no candidate is left in the lurch.
These platforms offer automated scheduling tools that allow recruiters to schedule interviews with candidates and integrate with their calendars to send invites and reminders.
Moreover, they provide detailed reports and dashboards to help you analyze candidates’ performance and make more informed hiring decisions.
Make Data-Driven Hiring Decisions Using Predictive Analysis
Recruitment technology has become a valuable tool for recruiters to make data-driven decisions using predictive analytics. Here are some ways you can use it to your advantage:
- Job Posting Analytics: Recruitment technology can provide insights into the performance of job postings by tracking metrics such as views, clicks, and applications. This data can help recruiters optimize job postings to attract the most qualified candidates.
- Resume Screening: Resume parsers can use predictive analytics to match resumes with specific keywords based on job requirements and identify the most qualified candidates.
- Candidate Engagement: Machine learning algorithms provide insights into candidate engagement, tracking how candidates interact with job postings, emails, and other communications, helping recruiters tailor their communication strategy accordingly.
- Interview Analytics: Recruitment technology can provide analytics on interviews, such as response time, language patterns, and facial expressions, allowing recruiters to avoid potential red flags.
- Performance Analytics: Hiring software tracks the performance of new hires, providing insights into how well they perform on the job, helping recruiters improve their hiring process, identify areas of improvement, and make better hiring decisions in the future.
So, these are the four (out of many) major ways you can use recruitment technology in your favor. Hope this helps.